Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #29

We were told by the dealer to only put slides out after you are level.
Ms G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #30

Someone already said it, but we level side to side with the slide in, using blocks on the low side. I try to let the side with the slide be ever so slightly "high", but the bubble still in the middle of the level. I know the weight of the slide will pull it toward the slide side once it is out, so being a little high makes it close to level in the end. I've never tried moving the trailer with the slide out, which is the only way I know to level it side to side. I typically level it front to back with the jack while the slide is in as well. But not sure if it matters.

Dan
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab Ecoboost
2013 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE 28'
DanFromGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
There is quite a bit of chatter about this topic. RV manufacturers use different installation methods, have different slide sizes & engineering specs, and use different parts. This explains why they have different instructions for whether you put the slides out first or level first.

Since they built the coach, I defer to their instructions. Otherwise if it's a new coach, warranties can be invalidated, but even if it's an older coach, it makes sense to use it as the builder intended.

Seek the builder's recommendations printed in manuals, online, or available by phone if necessary. If the builder is no longer in business, then I think the question becomes specific to the year, make and model, and hopefully someone on this forum or elsewhere can find the recommended text in their manuals for anyone who is not fortunate enough to have manuals.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote