Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

Lippert solid steps

I just saw a video on the their web page where some of the solid steps have the quick release pins for the adjustable legs. The pins in mine are APITA and would love to have that option but when I contacted Lippert they said they only sell to coach manufacturers only and It is not an after market option for dealers and retail owners. My question is does anyone have them on their steps and if so any chance of getting some good pictures of it.
Thanks
Batjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would like to do the same on the new set I just installed!! But with Lipperts response, looks like a dead end. Possibly could find an RV mfg that would sell you the parts?? The steps look like they have the mounting holes and cutouts for the mechanism.

What I have done, use quick pins with a ring on them to grab and hold on to. Also since that style of "hitch" pin doesn't have a "head" on it like the origs, it doesn't interfere with the step mounting bolt on the side of the step!! One thing that Lippert didn't really think about!!!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batjac View Post
I just saw a video on the their web page where some of the solid steps have the quick release pins for the adjustable legs. The pins in mine are APITA and would love to have that option but when I contacted Lippert they said they only sell to coach manufacturers only and It is not an after market option for dealers and retail owners. My question is does anyone have them on their steps and if so any chance of getting some good pictures of it.
Thanks
There are 2 styles of solid steps sold by Lippert. One to the manufacturers, and one style to dealers/consumers.
The one to manufacturers is different in that they are shock assisted in closing and does not have anything to latch in place. The model sold to the dealer/consumer for install has a handle to secure these will stowed for travel. The legs are secured in a different fashion for both of these. The post factory installs have the pin holes on the top of the legs, I thinking.
Our steps installed at the factory have the adjustment holes on the side and a regular keeper pin does work for our steps.
The replacement pin for our legs I have found at Tractor Supply (TSC). They have a better selection than Lowes.

Which style do you have?
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #4

FWIW I replaced my fold out steps on my ORV trailer with the MorRyde Step Above. The pins are on the side and are easily removed and replaced when adjusting the leg. I've seen the video showing the top mount pins and not sure thats all that better. Still takes two hands while lifting the steps anyway. I suppose it's easier to see the hole looking down vs looking sideways.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
There are 2 styles of solid steps sold by Lippert. One to the manufacturers, and one style to dealers/consumers.
The one to manufacturers is different in that they are shock assisted in closing and does not have anything to latch in place. The model sold to the dealer/consumer for install has a handle to secure these will stowed for travel. The legs are secured in a different fashion for both of these. The post factory installs have the pin holes on the top of the legs, I thinking.
Our steps installed at the factory have the adjustment holes on the side and a regular keeper pin does work for our steps.
The replacement pin for our legs I have found at Tractor Supply (TSC). They have a better selection than Lowes.

Which style do you have?
Mine were factory install and have the holes on the top but looking at the video they look just like the ones in it short of the quick release, I am adding the video and at the 2:30 mark is the adjuster.

Batjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:17 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Our style has the shock assisted and the pull pins are on the side. The pins are like keeper pins.
When we store our steps with the shock assist you can raise the steps with just very little effort and we do not have the latch to keep it in place.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, steps