Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2022, 08:34 PM   #1

Look at this - kinda crazy

https://youtube.com/shorts/uGxAbD4SxaQ?feature=share
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2022, 04:55 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Pretty cool, wonder what the ride would be like when the grandkid picks up the tablet to play a game…
Old 07-12-2022, 06:55 AM   #3

Am I the only one that thinks this is a horrible idea? Not only will the price be absurd but have you ever seen grandpa pick up a kid's RC car controller? This things going through the electrical box and into the nearest tree.
sahively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:01 AM   #4

Could be a great rid of bad neighbors. Hack into and move them while they sleep
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #5

You can do this with pretty much any trailer with the Trailer Valet.
https://trailervalet.com/rvr/
Costco has had some of the manual and smaller remote units on sale recently.

I can see it being worthwhile if you have room to store your trailer on your property but the layout makes it impossible to make sharp turns with a tow vehicle.

It would have come in handy for me a couple weeks ago leaving my friend's back yard. Another camper had me blocked where I couldn't turn around so I had to back out about 200 feet through a very narrow access with lots of brush hiding stumps. The backup camera with a couple guides made it work though.
tom92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:29 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Another useless RV invention.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #7

Purple Line has been making remote controlled trailer movers for years, I seriously looked into them when we were thinking about buying a travel trailer as my garage is on a blind city corner with an angled approach and narrow passage, the trailer movers would have allowed me to back it in from the street without blocking the whole intersection. You can buy a dolly but then you have to store it somewhere and if you're going to spend the money you may as well have the movers attached to the trailer and with you all the time.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote