Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

Looking at used Travel Trailer... seeking input

Hey all... looking at used TT's for traveling to Alaska and eventually throughout the US. I have a well equipped Ford Excursion 7.3, with engine/brake/suspension mods, which I regularly tow with (7k boat and a 10K car haul trailer). She pulls and tows like a dream.

So as my search continues however I've been able to narrow down a choice based on our needs = wife and me.

I need a robust trailer capable of going off road
She needs roomy 'cause she kinda claustrophobic

I need simple forthright design with easy access for me to work on
She needs something with lots of storage 'cause she has "things"

I need well insulated
She needs good heating and cooling with ducts

I needs a place to sleep and for a possible guest or 2
She needs a queen bed and windows

As of right now I put a (refundable) deposit down on a 2004 Nash 27F for less then 10K out the door. Good choice? or is there better? I do want to keep it below 12K.
DavenFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #2

I to am looking at trailers from what I've seen the nash is very good but on the heavy side. More likely to being well built. There are not many of them here on the east coast but I'm looking good luck
pipefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #3

Used Nash TT

I recently upgraded to an Excursion with the 6.0, and it tows my Nash 23D very well. I did have to add Air bags on the rear of my Ex.

Closely inspect any used travel trailer for water leaks, not only around the roof, but also inside around and underneath the sinks and shower. Check the age of the tires via the DOT codes on the tires. If they are older than 7 years, you must replace them including the spare. Also check the stamped date of manufacture code on the propane tanks. After 12 years, they need to be either re certified or replaced. Be sure to make sure that all appliances work, especially the refrigerator as it is very expensive to replace. Closely inspect the roof as well as most rubber roofs might be getting close to needing replacement after 12 years if not cared for properly.
dhughes126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughes126 View Post
I recently upgraded to an Excursion with the 6.0, and it tows my Nash 23D very well. I did have to add Air bags on the rear of my Ex.

Closely inspect any used travel trailer for water leaks, not only around the roof, but also inside around and underneath the sinks and shower. Check the age of the tires via the DOT codes on the tires. If they are older than 7 years, you must replace them including the spare. Also check the stamped date of manufacture code on the propane tanks. After 12 years, they need to be either re certified or replaced. Be sure to make sure that all appliances work, especially the refrigerator as it is very expensive to replace. Closely inspect the roof as well as most rubber roofs might be getting close to needing replacement after 12 years if not cared for properly.
Roof resealed, no leaks that I can see or signs of leaks, new tires and spare, not sure about the propane tanks but the dealer can re certify if necessary, new canopy, and the refrigerator has just had the "fan" replaced. looks to be well maintained and doesn't look it's age underneath.

Built like a tank for sure. 6600# dry according to the sales guy.

I found this sales video on line... it's the basically the same unit

I also did some suspension mods... 1 1/4" rear axle sway bar, modified B code springs in rear, RAS suspension and Bilstein shocks.
DavenFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 AM   #5

Well I found another 27F Nash... 2007 with composite siding, went and looked at it... bought it. Super nice condition, Structural thermal board installed underneath, generator ready, one owner. Very well maintained with zero issues. Dealers is gonna pull the wheels check brakes and bearings. New or newer tires.... still have nubs on the outside.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	slide out.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	140047[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Tags
travel, travel trailer