Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2022, 02:12 PM   #15

"The shower was a bit narrow in the 20FQ but a curved curtain rod solved that problem."

Yup. Did the same thing with mine. The accordion door made me a little claustrophobic. Changing to a curved curtain rod and shower curtain solved that.

Yes the toilet area might be a little cramped for you. I think the 25 RDS is a little roomier for both the toilet and shower.

Agree that the interior is a little dark even with all the lights it has. I've seen some that have painted all the cabinets an off white which really looked nice.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul View Post
"The shower was a bit narrow in the 20FQ but a curved curtain rod solved that problem."

Yup. Did the same thing with mine. The accordion door made me a little claustrophobic. Changing to a curved curtain rod and shower curtain solved that.

Yes the toilet area might be a little cramped for you. I think the 25 RDS is a little roomier for both the toilet and shower.

Agree that the interior is a little dark even with all the lights it has. I've seen some that have painted all the cabinets an off white which really looked nice.
As a 25RDS owner there's no way I'd wanna take a shower in it if I was as big as the OP. I'm much shorter and skinnier and it's still semi cramped feeling.
IMO a Northwood 22G would meet some of the OP's needs.
I just don't see a big rear window in the picture in that short of a floorplan without having a cramped bathroom and tiny kitchen.
Rear dinettes take up a lot of room and unless you go 29' or more you won't get much room in the rest of the TT.

https://northwoodmfg.com/arctic-fox-2/arctic-fox-22g/

Another option is the 17K from Nash. Sideways front bed but again in a short TT there's only so much you can do.
https://northwoodmfg.com/travel-trai...sh/nash-17k-2/
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:11 AM   #17

Well, after looking at hundreds of campers on line, and dozens in person, I bought one yesterday. A Forest River Wildwood 24RLXL.

It's very different from the Airstream we were considering.

The AS is really dandy, but has a few downsides. Even with the big wraparound windows, it still feels a bit tight inside.

The whole aluminum body thing, while elegant and durable, seems a bit fussy. I read a lot of discussions from Airstreamers talking about maintenance, leaks, and paranoia about hail storms.

The AS bathroom, as I mentioned initially, is just too tight.

And, oh yeah. It's also literally 4 TIMES the cost of the new Wildwood I just bought.

I really got hooked on slide-outs on other brands. I just didn't like the configurations of 99% of them. I finally found one I really like the layout of.

I ended up not getting a rear dinette as I originally thought I wanted. But the one I bought checked all the boxes as far as big windows, roominess, and openness.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!

David
db4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:11 AM   #18

Glad to hear you finally settled on something. Now for some nice weather……
Jeepcjguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:59 AM   #19

Suggestions like new foam in the cushions and the curved shower curtain rod will help a lot. A custom cushion in the corner of that dinette would also help you turn sideways and stretch out. At your size finding a trailer to fit could be a challenge.
MCCOHENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:26 PM   #20

I ended up with the Keystone Springdale. Has the dinet in the rear with all the windows. I like it just fine. For 1 person I find there's plenty of room if your stuck in during a rainy afternoon. Good luck with your search!
Bingo_57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear, wind, window