Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage

My Pug Winnie and I are on Day 3 of our maiden voyage with my new Coleman 2305QB, staying north of San Francisco and along the Mendocino County coast (where it's nice and cold compared to the rest of the state!).

It's been interesting so far as I'm trying to determine how long my "trailer resources" will last, and how things work in my TT. Also, I was so focused on what not to forget that I forgot bath towels and soap!

I plan to boondock at least every few days, just to keep costs down. (I know, get out of California!), but as much as I'd like to, I'm using everything sparingly, just in case.

I'm also figuring out what I need to turn on/off as I switch from battery to shoreline, as I switch from propane to gas (for fridge), etc.

I know I'm just a short drive from supplies, just about anywhere I park, but I haven't been able to just "let go" and use this trailer to its maximum capabilities.

Early next week I'll leave CA and head to Texas for a couple weeks before going to see the eclipse on Aug 21st.

Can't post pics from current location, because internet is spotty at best and seems (much) slower than a 14.4 modem when I do have service!

I will spend 99% of the next year full-timing it, so I'm excited about that.

I know "it depends", but how long does your battery last on your typical outing?

Any Dutchmen Coleman owners out that have already gotten past the learning curve? I'm sure I have questions...
EdNope is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like great fun being out there learning as you go.

The only TT I have experience with was a 2009 R-Vision and the battery was really only good for one night of refer running on propane, lights, water pump, vent fan and maybe a little TV. We had fluorescent lights (not LED) so that may have consumed a little more battery power... and there are two of us.

Maybe a little solar in your future?

Hope you have a great time out there!
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #3

Get spots with power in Texas so you can run your AC. IT IS HOT!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
Get spots with power in Texas so you can run your AC. IT IS HOT!!!

As far as Texas goes, I already have land with electricity and water (about 25 miles from South Padre Island), so I just need to level off a piece of land and park myself for a few weeks at a time.

I was in 102 degree heat last week and the trailer A/C worked amazingly well!
EdNope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage