Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #1

making a 2021 Lance 1985 purchase

Hello Everyone . I am soon to be a first time buyer! just looking for opinions /advice/just do it ! LOL. been presented an option to buy a 2021 Lance 1985 for 43,000.00 . in very good condition standard option package offered in 2021 so no major upgrades .. does have solar package . would like to hear the experienced weigh in .. is this a good/fair deal? thanks
MosesRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #2

I can't comment too much on the price because it varies depending on location but that's a nice trailer and Lance has a good reputation IMO. There is a new 2023 Lance 1985 listed with an MSRP of $109,370.00 Can and a sale price of $95,260 Canadian which is $70,950 USD today so that sounds pretty good to me if it all checks out.

Hope it works out for you

Dave
Old 12-01-2022, 07:40 PM   #3

I like the Lance product. I believe the have a PVC roof. That will last longer and probably keep you cooler it camping in the sun.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #4

That's a very good price but do your homework over on the Lance forums first. 2021 was a transition year when they introduced the new interior, axles, and other things, including removing the steam/smoke vent above the stove. Not all of the upgrades were welcome, and many units shipped without blinds and with huge gaps when the front door is closed.

I priced a 1995 in mid-2020 before the market went nuts and was quoted $39000. As noted the new ones list for over $70k.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #5

It really depends on when it was built. Believe some new interior changes came along towards the end of 2021 model year.

Remember if itís a 2021, then it was built in 2020.

Believe the new front acrylic window came at the middle of 2021 model year.

But the new chassis didnít start until 2022 model year. This was a drastic change from the more lightweight models that they were known for. The added ducted AC is a plus.

We own a 2018 1995 for almost 6 years, and it has been a great trailer. No issues after 34k miles. These trailers are built with a lower height, and center of gravity. Making for a comfortable tow with a 1/2 ton truck. The PVC roof still looks like new, but the XTRM sealant needs inspected often. Considering the roof is laminated foam board itís best to catch leaks early.

Complete inspection is required to really know if itís a good buy. But the price sounds reasonable if in good shape.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:37 PM   #6

If you have a chance, carefully examine the interior fit and finish of a Lance and then compare it to almost any other unit. I think you will find that Lance products are much more precisely cut and assembled. They have been using CNC technology for a few years, and the quality is amazing.

I do not own a Lance but my son does (it's a truck camper). Just beautiful workmanship.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:29 AM   #7

Since REV Group bought them out they just dont seem as nice inside. I find losts of things quirky.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase