Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Fixing the floor will be the hardest in my opinion. I am not sure how to do it well. Floor construction is called a sandwich panel. To function correctly, the two face sheets (plywood) and core (foam) have to be glued together well. You cannot glue to one side and expect it to work. To figure out how to fix the floor, I would want to understand the original construction. Like how how is the floor and wall connected? I think to fix it right you will need to remove the bed and pass through, fix the floor and tie it into the existing floor and walls. The tying in is really important structurally.
The ceiling is cosmetic if the roof isn't rotted. I'd just screw it to the beam.
The front cap is most likely a thin plywood with fiberglass glued on and the bent over a 2x2 frame and stapled to it.. The glass might be debonded from the plywood and staples pulled out or rusted. Fix by re stapling or screws.
Fix all leaks before any repair and let everything dry really well.
A lot of work ahead of you. Good luck.
I wanted to write to thank you for your help. The floor was a challenge. It was as you described. The flooring was easy to cut along the walls and roll out of the way. I had to remove the bed frame. And wow!, under the flooring was completely delaminated plywood. After cutting along the still solid edges, the layers peeled off like sheets of paper. The foam was fine, but the layer under it was like a washboard. It was a single layer of wood, about an 1/8” thick, that expanded by trying to grow longer, but could only warp in a wavy shape. This could be felt clearly by running my hand against the plastic tarp/barrier on the bottom of the trailer.
I decided to cut the foam along the same lines of the removed top plywood. It lifted out easily, no longer adhered to the bottom layer.
I let this alone for several days while I decided what to do next. I closed the trailer and ran the dehumidifier 24/7.
To my surprise, after several days the bottom layer flattened out almost completely. To my surprise, it even felt fairly solid once dry.
I bought some marine grade plywood and glued everything back together and used paving blocks to hold it in place while the adhesive cured. I was able to secure the new plywood to the frame along the walls and over two cross members. It feels very solid. The flooring layer back in place with a barely noticeable gap along the walls.
It took a week or so, going in stages, but I’m pleased with the result.
I decided to let Lee’s in Ellington, CT fix the cap.
Thanks again for your feedback. It helped me decide which I could tackle and which I should pay to have done. I’m sure I saved a bundle doing the floors myself.