Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #1

Need a duplicate key made

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Orbit. Only have one key and would like to have a duplicate made. Lowe's and Walmart do not have the blank that I need, where do you usually have your duplicates made?
Lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just for the halibut I googled "keys made in cynthiana, ky" and 3 or 4 locksmiths came up with 4 more perhaps close by in other towns.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If there is a Dealer close to you ask them. When we needed duplicates for our Journey CW gave us names/numbers for several local locksmiths that had blanks.
Mickey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #4

You can also call Fleetwood customer service and order from them.
ethelred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #5

Carolina Campers
Duplicate key

Just purchased first TT & wanted duplicate
keys...I went to my local hardware store and
got duplicate key for $4.00!! Good luck-
Geneva
2005 Gulf Stream
Gulf Breeze 15' TT (19 EXP)
rockwell_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #6

Carolina Campers
Duplicate key

A hardware store like one has been around
A long, long time (not to give my age away 40s) LOL
A five & dime...anyways hope you find one because
their the least expensive of your choices, not to mention
that they are happy to just have your business.
Geneva
rockwell_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #7

Ace Hardware usually has a lot of TT blanks for whatever reason!
WoodGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Which key needs duplicating?

The Tri-Mark door keys on my Damon interuder are hard to find, Even many locksmiths do not have them.. Gilroy's "DO IT" hardware has some of them and I have gotten lucky at major locksmiths on occasion.

The igintion key .. Wal-mart had a blank that worked fine, The key tech was not sure it would work but I have different standards and it worked .. er.. works,,, fine. The OEM is on my ring, the dup is what I have in the ignition.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #9

We had keys made at our local Ace Hardware.
JohnWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Orbit. Only have one key and would like to have a duplicate made. Lowe's and Walmart do not have the blank that I need, where do you usually have your duplicates made?
My Damon only came with one set of door keys too (latch and deadbolt). None of the local hardware stores nor Walmart had the blanks...even the mega-hardware stores (Lowes and Home Depot) couldn't help.

All the local RV dealers directed me to our regional service center - "La Mesa RV"...$4 each - no waiting

We're lucky to have a big service center in town, so don't feel like it's just your RV...these common RV door locks are really not that common outside the RV business.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Great granddaughter lost a set of door keys to my 2001 Sprinter 25RKS 5er. We had one set left, so I went looking for someone to cut a duplicate in/around Austin TX. No luck, but one locksmith suggested we drive way out south of town to a huge RV dealership. They had one blank and suggested we drive across I-35 to another huge RV dealership to get another one. That one had two or three blanks. Not cheap. I think they were $6 or $7 each for the blanks. And neither one of those dealerships cut the keys, but both suggested we try Lowes'.

We lucked out and found the key cutting expert was on duty at Lowes. He cut the keys, then said the service was free. Free? Yeah, free. Lowes charges you for the blanks, but the key cutting is free if you have a master key to cut from. Even if you have to buy the blanks somewhere else because Lowes doesn't have them in stock.

And all 3 new keys worked perfect in the door of the 5er.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #12

We had extra Keys made for our Jayco travel trailer. They are made by Bauer Products, if your key was made by them it should have there name on it and a number. Call 1-866-682-2837 or look on the internet.
Good Luck!
W. Willie
W. Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Which key needs duplicating?

The Tri-Mark door keys on my Damon interuder are hard to find, Even many locksmiths do not have them.. Gilroy's "DO IT" hardware has some of them and I have gotten lucky at major locksmiths on occasion.

The igintion key .. Wal-mart had a blank that worked fine, The key tech was not sure it would work but I have different standards and it worked .. er.. works,,, fine. The OEM is on my ring, the dup is what I have in the ignition.
Tri-Mark key blanks may be purchased via the internet, just run a search. I bought two from an RV dealership then had them cut at a locksmith shop.
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have priced Tri-mark blanks via the internet.. OUCH!!!! Way cheaper at Gilroy's DO-IT hardware and I shop there often.

You don't always get the best deal on the net.