Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #43

Congrats. Sounds like a good price.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Champion 3100w. Inverter. Quiet, especially in econo mode. Compact. Easy start. Well made. Will run an air conditioner.

We bought at Costco a few years ago for $599.00. I see newer models with more features often at $699.00.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:00 AM   #45

I offer a caution to those who have reccomended Harbor Freight generators. I only have experience with the 2000 inverter. The week before Irma made her visit to Florida I bought one to use along side two 13 year old Honda EU2000's and a 24 year old Homelite 4400 watt contractor gen. I was afraid I was going to have a problem with all the older generators because I had neglected to properly store them after the three 2004 storms that affected us--just laziness and stupidity on my part. Morning after Irma I read the manual for the HF gen, filled the oil and gas, one pull and it was humming along. Checked the oil and gassed up the Homelite and after five or six pulls it sputtered to life and after a few minutes smoothed out and was running fine, but loud. Went on to the Hondas and after several unsuccessful attempts, I opened the air cleaner boxes and found both foam air filters had turned to dust. Cleaned out what remained of the filters and after a half second squirt of starting fluid both started and ran normally. I improvised filters from the wife's old panty hose and ran them for the duration (seven days). The Homelite ran two fridges and a freezer for 18 hours each day and the HF and Hondas ran fans, satellite tv and tv, phone chargers, and a window air for the bedroom. The HF ran perfectly or three days and then went totally dead. The others were in for the duration of our power outage--a little over 7 days. The real kicker was upon returning the HF, I had to pay a 20% "restocking charge" to get a refund as they had no generators for exchange. Who restocks a defective item? I should have been more cautious about the purchase when the cashier gave detailed instructions of what to do with the generator if I wanted to return it. Moral is you get what you pay for. The Homelite and Hondas saved all the food stored in the freezer and fridges and gave us a source of information and a comfortable place to sleep. If I was depending on HF, I would have been SOL. BTW the generators I own have been stored properly this time and I purchased spare foam air filters and stored them in a cool dark place for next time.
NashTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashTT View Post
I offer a caution to those who have reccomended c generators. I only have experience with the 2000 inverter. The week before Irma made her visit to Florida I bought one to use along side two 13 year old Honda EU2000's and a 24 year old Homelite 4400 watt contractor gen. I was afraid I was going to have a problem with all the older generators because I had neglected to properly store them after the three 2004 storms that affected us--just laziness and stupidity on my part. Morning after Irma I read the manual for the HF gen, filled the oil and gas, one pull and it was humming along. Checked the oil and gassed up the Homelite and after five or six pulls it sputtered to life and after a few minutes smoothed out and was running fine, but loud. Went on to the Hondas and after several unsuccessful attempts, I opened the air cleaner boxes and found both foam air filters had turned to dust. Cleaned out what remained of the filters and after a half second squirt of starting fluid both started and ran normally. I improvised filters from the wife's old panty hose and ran them for the duration (seven days). The Homelite ran two fridges and a freezer for 18 hours each day and the HF and Hondas ran fans, satellite tv and tv, phone chargers, and a window air for the bedroom. The HF ran perfectly or three days and then went totally dead. The others were in for the duration of our power outage--a little over 7 days. The real kicker was upon returning the HF, I had to pay a 20% "restocking charge" to get a refund as they had no generators for exchange. Who restocks a defective item? I should have been more cautious about the purchase when the cashier gave detailed instructions of what to do with the generator if I wanted to return it. Moral is you get what you pay for. The Homelite and Hondas saved all the food stored in the freezer and fridges and gave us a source of information and a comfortable place to sleep. If I was depending on HF, I would have been SOL. BTW the generators I own have been stored properly this time and I purchased spare foam air filters and stored them in a cool dark place for next time.
I've always thought Harbor Freight items were known to be Junk, I would never buy something like this there.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Hammer View Post
a gas engine.. any make/model makes lots of noise without a muffler..

so get a Honda generator or a Honda small lawn mower MUFFLER and have it welded onto gen-set exhaust pipe...

Most muffler shops can weld thin wall metal pipe

Very good idea. Although I have a 2000 W Champion, relatively quiet, I will install as suggested a lawn mower muffler to reduce the noise. Thanks for te tip.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Generator was a Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
The Problem is solved I bit the Bullet and got a NEW YAMAHA EF2000ISV2 Inverter Generator for my 2017 EVO T2360 TT. I think I got a good deal from a company in Washington State. $689 and free shipping. Should be here in 7 or 8 days. My brother in law has a Yamaha and swears by it. Lots of good reports on the new Yamaha. Hope I didn't make a mistake. I bought a 2000 watt Generator so I could run the lights, a computer and the furnace fan when dry camping, also to charge the batteries. I figure we will only be camping in the mountains in the summer and won't need the AC. If I find we are going to use the ac i will get another one and hook them in parallel. I did not want to spend this much money for a Generator, especially since it will not be used that much. Oh well might as well get what I hope is one of the best.
Mel
Unfortunately The Generator that I bought at such a great price was a Scam. I did get my money back from paypal and bought a Inverter Generator from Sam's Club. It is a ipower SUA2000i Yamaha Clone. $389 free shipping. I got it yesterday.
Mel

Tags
generator, need help