Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #15

If you click on it you can see the details. But its a good deal I think. I believe this one does have solar panels. But ill honestly never have the need for them
green_plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #16

Sounds like you don't need repairs, you need a rebuild, which isn't likely going to happen. Taking the hit on the selling price of Unit #2 might well be the most economical way for the dealer to address all of your problems. If the deal strikes you as good, it sounds like a win/win situation.

But I'd hate to be the guy who ends up buying your used unit.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Sounds like you don't need repairs, you need a rebuild, which isn't likely going to happen. Taking the hit on the selling price of Unit #2 might well be the most economical way for the dealer to address all of your problems. If the deal strikes you as good, it sounds like a win/win situation.

But I'd hate to be the guy who ends up buying your used unit.
Right! I'm just not going to think about whoever buys it! But I'm OCD about certain things so for them it may be a non-issue.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #18

I'd take the deal assuming you thoroughly inspect the new purchase. You have a better idea what to look for now. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_plaid View Post
So...still waiting for approval. On top of that I've found that the floor joists are undersized. They should have been 1.5x2.5 however they are 1.5x1.75. No wonder the floor creaked badly. So who knows if the gvwr is even correct. Doubt it is with undersized lumber. But when I called the dealer today for an update I got the finance manager who said he would relay the message to service. He asked if he could quote me getting into another camper and said...why not. Well to my surprise he came back with the following...

I'm actually thinking this is my best option. Thoughts?

The fact that the floor joists are not the correct size could give you a legal way out of the trailer completely… if you wanted to spend a couple thousand on a lawyer and wait around for an answer from GS for a few months atleast.

As for trading it in, if you can get a pretty good deal out of getting rid of it and getting a new trailer at the same time for a decent price… how soon can you have all your stuff taken out of it. Under the circumstances you have I would probably trade out of it as soon as possible, especially for a pretty good price you are able to get the Nano for.
Backcountry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:27 PM   #20

Your new TT unit report should shock me, but I'm not. I've bought two new-off-the-lot TTs, and i will never buy another new unit. The problems with even a very high end expensive unit we're enough to make me vomit.

Good luck, and i hope you can get some satisfaction.
DesertRatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #21

Thanks everyone! I'm going tomorrow to check it out and if all looks good I'll take it. As a bonus they have also agreed to keep it till April so I don't have to worry about storing it. I'm just glad they stepped up and tried to help in that way without me even asking. I guess my being kind, patient and not demanding might have worked out in my favor. Not always so lucky...
Old 12-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #22

Dealers.. try to make their sales people show at least 15 to 20 units or more each day.. and then you have all the lot lizards that come onto lot.. they use the toilet, they pull handles off.. they open and close doors.. track in mud and dirt.. sometimes they steal parts.. then you got unsupervised kids.. pulling on everything..
Then you have the the dealer.. that will take off parts from one unit to get another unit out the door asap...dealers love to move batteries around..
So do not! Leave at dealer .. it will get hundreds of times more wear .. just from people walking through.. and stuff will be missing and changed out.. even if you have the keys..
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRAILER AT DEALER EVER.. IF POSSIBLE !
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 12-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #23

One reason dealer might be so willing to store rv.. is because few units and a lot of buyers .. so dealers have empty spaces .. so take delivery and stay in ti.. on your property and try all of it out .. put water pressure on it.. check for leaks.. stay in it.. like camping on your own property..
Becarefull of what you sign.. when you sign anything.. use the phrase.. subject to all my legal rights above or below your signature..
DO NOT LEAVE IT AT DEALER..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 12-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #24

I was at a dealer a few weeks back. According to all the trailers on the lot, which wasn't that many because of shortages, almost all had signs on them saying sold, or pending sale. The sales guy was cool and said all the doors are unlocked so go ahead and look around and he'd come and check on us later.

If it were me I'd by a keyless lock from RVlock.com and install it so no one can enter besides you.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 04:31 PM   #25

That is true but they do have a not for sale lot and will tell you not to touch them. Also mine is the last one they have...no other Apex Nanos...nothing. So not too worried about them harvesting any parts from it. Besides...they are actually truly a great dealer to work with. They discounted the Nano quite a bit and they gave me way over what mine is worth. I know they will make money but they didn't have to do any of that. Another dealer around us won't even let you look at sold or even pending units. But General...Camping World...they could care less. I will be sure to take pictures though of everything just to be safe. They used to offer storage at the dealer but changed that policy because of space. They just made an exception because I was suppose to store it at Bradys Underground but the holidays and then snow is coming in the NE...just don't want to transport it anywhere right now.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:44 PM   #26

Dealer lots are loaded with new trailers in the Nashville, TN area. $210 for 204 months is $42,840. Talk to them about financing but pay cash if you can. Like others have said, take your time and give it a thorough going over and make a running list of issues, before you sign the papers. Have them sign the list of issues to be repaired and include a due date. I bought my 2019 Big Foot 25B new off the lot and could not be happier, no issues at all. I have not had to take it back to the dealer for anything. I suppose it depends on the dealer: I worked for Bankston Motorhomes as a salesman for about a year or so and they bent over backwards for customers. But even the half million dollar units needed scads of dealer prep.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #27

I ended up financing it since my interest rate on 95% of my savings is 2.5x higher than the finance rate. All good though aside from that. New Apex Nano is so much nicer...so much. Also walking through, all I found was one piece of loose trim and the outside cover for fridge had a bad clip. I will still rip it apart and make it my own but I feel like this was a great move.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #28

Congratulations green_plaid! Well done and good luck to you.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulfstream