New for us: 2019 Imagine 2600RB
Michelle and I (Steve) loved RVing so much in July we decided to buy Travel Trailer last week. We are really excited. Bought a 2018 Land Cruiser (LC) with All-Terrains, weighs 7300#, to pull trailer and then go off roading for fly fishing and sight seeing.
We found a used 2019 Imagine 2600RB, 29'8" long, on RVTrader, at a dealer. Put a down payment on it and plan to pick it up in October about 400 miles away.
Any advice anyone can provide regarding the following questions would be greatly appreciated. Trying to be safe and prepared.
1) Towing - LC has 8100 lb tow capability. The Imagine is 5700# dry, 6500-7400 loaded. Installing a Curt 17062 Weight Distribution & sway bar unit and Curt Echo bluetooth brake controller.
2) Do we need extra wide mirrors? Recommendation on type?
3) Generator - Thinking of two Honda eu2200i with parallel power cable? Was advised it is easier to manage taking them in and out of storage. Open to other options?
4) Solar panel - Get one? Make and model?
5) Driving to Chicago from Seattle in Nov/Dec. How risky is it if it snows for us, normal versus blizzard of course.
Looking forward seeing you on the road. Steve