Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #1

New Forest River "Aviator" Trailer

I'd love to Forum Member's point-of-view on the new Aviator trailer from Forest River. If you haven't heard about it yet, here is a link to check out; Louisville Best of Show

Exterior Photo

Interior Photo

My personal opinion is kudos for stepping outside of the box, especially from a customer service experience. There appears to be a lot of opportunity for brilliance in this new model. Hope that they bring it to the Denver RV show this January so I can check it out in person and learn more about it.

Sure is fun seeing all of the new activity in the travel trailer space with Keystone's "Vantage", Winnebago's "One", and now Forest River's "Aviator".
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #2

Looks real nice. Hopefully theyll be able to build it in such a way that they can keep a competitive price point.
Yellowreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here are some more shots! FINALLY an outside LARGE TV in a TT!!!

Will retail in the high $70s......

The 2012 Aviator by Forest River | Facebook

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Here are some more shots! FINALLY an outside LARGE TV in a TT!!!
OUTSTANDING find go6car! I looked last night on FB and couldn't find anything. I think FB needs to swallow their pride and incorporate Google's search.

Thanks for posting the link!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #5

Found some more information tonight.

Forest River has set-up an official Aviator Facebook Page late this afternoon. It doesn't have any photos or information yet, so to see the pictures go6car posted, be sure to visit the Go RVing Facebook page.

Also, the official Aviator Website should be up by the end of the week according to a company representative.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
This is great! (We can't be the only ones interested in all this, can we?!? LOL! )

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
pics and specs on the forest river website, looks like two different floor plans. nice design, but personally i could do without the overdone graphics. aero design should tow nice. oops, looks like specs are tba. good pics on site. Check out the black toilet!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #8

Wow! Thanks Hippy. They must have loaded the website overnight. The link I originally posted in message #5 is not correct, so please use this Aviator homepage link instead.

Here are my initial quick thoughts:
  1. I think the cooktop is uniquely different and a cool way to provide some additional counter space, while still providing 3 burners.
  2. Did they really forget to include an oven? I can't find it in the pics, 360 view, or the floorplan. Hope I'm just missing it and someone else can find it.
  3. Love the cupholders incorporated into the arms of the couch. So convenient! And, eliminates the need for a separate table.
  4. I'm sure it will be controversial, but I really like the design of the dinette. It's absolute perfect for our family of 3! Here's hoping that design decision reduces the hitch weight so this puppy can be pulled by full-size SUV's.
  5. Love, love, love all of the windows! Natural light in all rooms is a huge plus!
  6. Really appreciate the full size queen bed. Thank you for making it 80" long!
  7. Not for sure about the funky blue lights in the ceiling. I like the concept, but not the execution. Wonder if these could be swapped for natural color bulbs like under cabinet lights in a home? Also, I hope they are 12v and on a dimmer switch. That would be really cool to have a low power option to keep the trailer lighted while outside, or away from the campsite.
  8. I'm okay with the strong exterior graphics. A really cool option would be to allow the consumer to swap out the blue portion with a variety of colors (crimson red, fern green, quick silver, or granite gray) that would better match one's tow vehicle. That option would really make the trailer feel more custom.
  9. Hope they extend the awning in the production units. It clearly doesn't cover the rear bedroom door as is and it may not offer full coverage of the main door either. Seems odd.

So, that's my quick take. Tell me where I'm crazy!

I look forward to seeing the actual specs on the trailers too. The Spirit of St. Louis looks like it could be really cool with that kitchen island. I just hope they don't skimp on the tanks and make sure they have plenty of fresh and grey capacity. In addition, I hope they insulate the trailer really well so that it can be used all four seasons. It would be a lot of fun to show up at the ski resorts in something like this!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
yes,1 different colors on striping would b a good option,
2. no oven.. prob a convection microwave. have seen a lot of these, wife likes real oven. 3. cupholders..what a great idea,what took so long??
4. our new trailer has blue "accent" led lights, not my choice either.
5. we also have horseshoe dinette and its awesome. spirit island with sink is genius. only drawback for me is the price. lets hope it is assembled with care!!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Now that's a trailer..It looks sleek! Heck..It looks like it's moving while it just sits there.
Got to look into this some more before I can post an opinion though.
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Without the specs it's hard to give a serious thought on this.
I will say, it looks like somebody is thinking "outside the box" here with the space utilization and creature comforts I can see from the pictures.
The furniture also looks to be step above the rest compared to other Forest River products.
I think composite construction is still in it's infancy and not enough folks own coaches with this type of build to really establish a satisfaction or dis-satisfaction level. 4 season coach? I'd want some proof; as R-values across the industry are usually grossly exaggerated.
Just my 2 bits.
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #12

Hope to see this at the Houston RV show in February!!!
Joyce-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #13

Bedroom Picture

Here is a picture of the bedroom of the Wright-Flyer. The bed is 60" X 80" with a pillow top mattress and has a hydraulic bed lift system. The room also has a Maxxair™ vent (intake/exhaust fan) with electronic control, as well as tons of LED lights (mood, ceiling, directional reading lights) along with three large windows. The ceiling and mood lights operate on a dimmer switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	16229  
Old 12-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #14

Outdoor Entertainment

Here is a picture of the outdoor entertainment system. It includes a Sony® 32" 1080P LED HDTV with Wi-Fi, as well as a Sony 12V CD/DVD/VCD/SACD stereo receiver, and 6.5" 140W Sony marine speakers.

You can also see the main entrance door with keypad and LED motion sensor light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outdoor Television.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	16230