Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #29

Floor Plans

The Aviator marketing team announced today that they plan to introduce five floor plans in 2012. Currently, they have two floor plans showing on their website.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Great! Even more selection, then!

BTW, the $70k-ish MSRP was net chatter from a few sources who were apparently (I'm guessing) at the show. Take that for what it's worth, so I don't think we'll have a definite until it actually hits the lots.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #31

I wonder what kind of tow vehicle would be required to make this trailer go from one place to the other?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
F/R know hows much it costs to build and run the line, they would have done all that prior to the first unit ever getting out of the digital world.

surely being a WB owned company they did a complete cost analysis, but then again
I would agree, of course. I just took their comments about MSRP to mean that since they haven't finalized all of the components yet, they haven't been able to establish their gross margins, which leads to the inability to provide pricing info yet. I would imagine they know the range they want to land in, but haven't finalized their decisions, so hence, they aren't comfortable telling us consumers yet.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
I wonder what kind of tow vehicle would be required to make this trailer go from one place to the other?
That is a HUGE question at this point. They indicated that the Wright Flyer specs should be out within the next week or so.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot View Post
I would agree, of course. I just took their comments about MSRP to mean that since they haven't finalized all of the components yet, they haven't been able to establish their gross margins, which leads to the inability to provide pricing info yet. I would imagine they know the range they want to land in, but haven't finalized their decisions, so hence, they aren't comfortable telling us consumers yet.

and i forgot to add the consumer WOW factor and expected sales may lead them to start high then wiggle down or up as sales go.

from a simple standpoint of "stuff" inside 9-12k, frame/rolling stock 2-3k
they really dont have any NEW stuff inside. curved laminated plastic panels are a value to make,
cost to build, one 8hr shift of ten workers even at 20 per hr, its less than 2k for labor, another 600.00 in plant costs (electric, etc)
i would surmise they can build one in 18- 20k range
times 100% mark up puts em in the 40k range,
thinking 50k to start then the market will set the price
we shall see
the second floorplan spirit of st. Louis is really nice imo
really opens up a tt
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
the second floorplan spirit of st. Louis is really nice imo really opens up a tt
I agree! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it in a travel trailer. I'm very curious to see what the weights are on that model.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #36

Gulf Streamers Club
And some pics!! only ones on their site is of other floorplan. it says four season use too, like to know insulation values.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #37

Answers to Questions

There are several questions posed on the Aviator Facebook page and the marketing team has posted several answers to them.
  1. What is the expected MSRP range?
    MSRP pricing on the Aviator will depend on the size of the model. Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible, especially at this point, when production is just beginning, prototypes are still being built, revised, engineered and everything else that is required at this stage. In all fairness, even once they are complete and in full production it’s still almost impossible to offer a MSRP. There are so many variables that influence that price, that to publish it, would be unfair to our owners and the dealers that are stocking them.

The Aviator brand is the Lamborghini of travel trailers and luxury always comes at a higher price. If/when the time comes that more accurate MSRP “range” can be provided, we promise we will.

Currently, our focus is on developing a product line that offers a variance of MSRP’s while maintaining the level of luxury, comfort, and technology that we’ve promised. As a side note, once a unit is produced and shipped to one of our dealers, we do provide an MSRP sheet for that specific unit and each variable that was included in that bottom line. Your local dealer will be able to more accurately provide you with the MSRP once they begin arriving to showroom floors and dealer lots.

Comment: Based on the reference to Lamborghini, I bet whoever heard MSRP's in the upper 70's will be right.

2. When will product specifications be available?
    Wright Flyer Specs will be available within the next week or so, and each group of subsequent spec data will follow after each floor plan is introduced.

3. Will Aviator be displayed at various RV shows this winter (i.e. Denver in Jan., Houston in Feb., etc.)?
    The Aviator will be displayed at most major RV Shows this spring. Be sure to ask your local dealer where you can see one.

4. What are the four season capabilities of the Aviator (i.e. r-values, under-carriage heating, etc.)?
    The Aviator is a unit that has true four season camping capabilities. Many units now come standard with enclosed undersides, but the difference here is the enclosure of the termination valves. The first freezing point will be the area with the LEAST amount of water, in most cases that would be near the spout of one of the termination valves. Because ours enclosed, it allows you to camp in colder weather.

We also offer thermo-pane windows, which help hold heat in cold weather.

Finally, our block foam construction helps create an R-Value of at least 16 in the side wall. In many places, the coach has an R-Value much higher than 16, but this R-Value is a conservative approximation. In all, this towable product is truly standing in a category by itself when it comes to versatility in weather situations.

5. Will any of the exterior graphics be customizable by the consumer, i.e. the blue color replaced with tow vehicle color?
    The exterior of the Aviator is complete full body paint. The only graphic on the body is that of the brand itself. The paint lasts longer and does not fade, or peel like conventional graphics.

The paint on the Aviator really compliments not only the shape of the unit itself, but also the feeling you get when you walk inside: A level of luxury and comfort you might feel on a chartered flight to a far off destination. There has been “conversation” about offering different exterior paint colors. The final decision has not been made at this time.

6. What is the plan for the awning? It doesn’t appear to cover the front door completely. Will an option for a longer length that can be extended over the rear entry door be offered?
    The awning is a high end, box style from Carefree. It needs no support rails like conventional power awnings and features a weather sensor for automatic retraction. Check back soon to see videos of how the awning performs.

At this time, there is discussion, but no plan to extend that awning to cover both entry doors. There are only certain sizes available in this particular awning.

7. Does the stovetop have 3 burners? The pics only show two, but it appears the counter lifts up exposing another burner.
    The stove is an Atwood Stainless Steel Cook-Top with 3 Burners.

8. Are the “funky” blue lights in the ceiling able to be replaced with clear bulbs, similar to under cabinet lighting in homes?
    Our mood lighting package is something that really enhances the barreled ceiling and offers an alternative of indirect lighting in the unit. The fact that all lighting, inside and out, is LED really cuts down on power consumption and eliminates the chance of a customer ever having to change a light bulb in their Aviator.

There have already been a few “revisions” to that “funky blue lighting”, to make them a bit less “funky”. Trust me – there are PLENTY of clear LED lights throughout the unit, so, they’re still blue, just not as pronounced as seen in the pictures. But, be assured, in person, they are beautiful.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #38

It is an amazing looking unit, would love to see one in person. One thing I notice with many of these sleek looking units is a lack of storage space. The real challenge IMO is to merge this high style with real livability. We just picked up an Artic Fox TT, 29L, it looks nothing like the Aviator but has the most real livable practical layout that I have seen in any TT.....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
We just picked up an Artic Fox TT, 29L, it looks nothing like the Aviator but has the most real livable practical layout that I have seen in any TT.....
Your Artic Fox is a real looker genecop! Very sharp indeed.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post

Imagine it with a set of wheels in the front and an engine in the rear???
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
Looks decent. Imagine how cool it would be with a polished aluminum skin and better aerodynamic details... Oh yeah, that's been done for a few decades hasn't it...

If I ran forest River, I would go for a more European look; lower it a few inches and use side skirts for aero effect. Also do a major clean up on the exterior, get rid of all the distracting elements that make it look so cluttered. Finally, I would really ramp up the quality control, as it's no big secret that Forest River rv's typically aren't all that well built. A step in the right direction though.
Could not agree more.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #42

Wright-Flyer Specs

The specifications for the new Wright-Flyer have been posted on Forest River's web-site. She's not a light weight by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Dry Hitch Weight; 1,137 lbs.
  • Dry Trailer Weight; 8,329 lbs.
  • GVWR; 11,297 lbs.
  • Tank (Fresh, Gray, and Black) Capacities; 47 gal. ea.