Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #15

Well we went camping this weekend. It was windy around 12 mph and the camper with the equalizer did great. I got 10.6 mpg on this trip with this camper maybe because it has a flatter front cap and catches more wind than my other one. I had a water leak on a couple of fittings so I had to tighten them up. It rained and had thunderstorms with no problems or leaks. We still love it so far and have gotten a lot of complements on it.
lcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #16

Congrats on the new camper.

Just ordered a 285BHTS its not here for another couple of weeks, GD just seemed to offer more than most others and nice finishing.

Keep posting so we all know how its going.
BriarPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #17

Briarpatch. Congrats on your new camper. I just looked at your camper and it looks great. It's longer and heavier than mine. The fit and finish looks good on these grand designs. My wife loves it. We got the theatre seats and think there sweet. This is the first camper with a big shower instead of the tub. We like the extra room and the shower door instead of the curtain and there is no water to clean up on the floor from the kids. Just check the water fittings on the back of the sinks and shower. They were slowly seeping water and had to hand tighten them up. The heater turned the smoke alarm on till it burned all the smell off. Pulled great too. Good luck with yours.
lcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #18

Icboy

Thanks for the info looking forward to getting it. Not too worried about the size and weight as I have plenty of truck and pull heavy trailers regular.

We have a few trips planned mainly West Coast, stay in touch maybe we will see each other on the road.

Nick
BriarPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #19

Congrats We too are looking at an Imagine after selling our trailer. We are also considering Rockwood Signature

Did you consider any other brands besides Grand Design? Why did you choose Imagine?
chap442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #20

We looked at several different trailers until we settled on a Imagine. And I mean several. Also went to several RV shows. Never looked at an Imagine until the day we bought ours which was about 6 weeks ago. We were looking at Keystone and Jayco to name a few when we stumbled on Grand Design products. It just seemed like it was well made and had some features we liked. It seems like all travel trailers have their pros and cons. This forum has a lot of good info for whatever you may be looking for. Also I have never had to use it, but seems like Grand Design is good at customer service and getting issues resolved. Good luck on your decision I'm sue you will find the right camper.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #21

we looked at the 2670 MK but did not really care for the desk, then we found the 2970RL which is our focus right now.

How do you like your GD?
chap442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap442 View Post
we looked at the 2670 MK but did not really care for the desk, then we found the 2970RL which is our focus right now.

How do you like your GD?

I totally understand. We liked it and saw it’s use as additional counter space.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #23

So far so good on the MK2670. Haven't had a chance to camp in it yet, old man winter doesn't want let go of his grip here in Ohio. The weather was a little more favorable this weekend but there is a chance of snow again tomorrow night. not sure yet how we will use the desk.