Howdy folks! This is my first RV, and my first post!
I purchased, yesterday, a 93 Fleetwood Wilderness. It is in pretty good shape, considering the age, with no leaks, all appliances work, etc.
However, the guy I bought it from said 'My brother painted the roof a few years ago...It wasn't leaking, but it was starting to look black, and we wanted it to look nice. He didn't use the right stuff, and it's been flaking off'.
Well, if you look at the below picture, you can see that's true!
So, my questions are thus:
1. How much of this stuff should I remove before recoating?
2. Anyone have any good ideas of how to remove it? Little scared to pressure wash...but I can.
3. Can I stand on this roof?
4. What should I recoat it with?
5. How much stuff would I take off the top to recoat?
Thanks...and sorry for the bevy of questions!