Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #43

I am sure you would feel differently if you had been impacted by undisclosed damage to your rig. But, maybe you have deeper pockets than this poor fella.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #44

To paraphrase a pretty famous quote "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" or something like that. Camping World apparently made a mistake, they should have a chance to fix it. The OP should give them that chance. If for some reason that doesn't happen I suspect that whatever state he is in licenses trailer dealers and that they are regulated by some state agency. When all else has failed a complaint to the regulatory agency should be made, but you have to give Camping World a chance to make it right, it's the decent thing to do.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #45

The guy had plans to take his family camping this coming week. Now we here at IRV2 first heard of this about a week ago. Someone at CW damaged his rig as much as 4 weeks ago now. There you have it. Little David against Goliath.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
To paraphrase a pretty famous quote "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" or something like that. Camping World apparently made a mistake, they should have a chance to fix it. The OP should give them that chance. If for some reason that doesn't happen I suspect that whatever state he is in licenses trailer dealers and that they are regulated by some state agency. When all else has failed a complaint to the regulatory agency should be made, but you have to give Camping World a chance to make it right, it's the decent thing to do.
I agree but in a timely matter which they haven't done.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
The guy had plans to take his family camping this coming week. Now we here at IRV2 first heard of this about a week ago. Someone at CW damaged his rig as much as 4 weeks ago now. There you have it. Little David against Goliath.
Some worker on a tug damaged it.

If he didn't report it to anybody, Camping World wouldn't know about it, until it was reported by the buyer.

If it was a bad water heater and they didn't have one in stock, he would still miss his trip.

I suppose he could walk in with an army of lawyers and pound on desks, but the corporate wheels will still turn the same speed.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #48

Yes it was damaged between when I did the paperwork and when I was able to pick it up. CW offered to hold it for me since finding storage in my area had been a challenge. My guess is that it happened as it was being moved after doing the hitch work. I was finally able to get it and brought it home temporarily so we could start adding the home touches. I noticed the damage and first went to my sales guy since we had been in regular communication during the process. He gave me some names of contacts. He was the one who gave me the corporate number to open a case. So I was able to do that about 5 days after initially reporting the damage to him. In the interim, I was trying to deal directly with the dealer.
Currently, I am in the process of getting a case manager but they don't work weekends, so I hope to hear on monday. My wife and I took a walk at a park right near the dealer, so I decided to stop by to get a look at their tugs. Unfortunately, there was only one out and the guy was sitting in it. Based on the look of it, this thing has run into more that one object.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_164354.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	326243  
abandonhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:00 AM   #49

Oh, and right now, we are assuming that we arent taking our first trip next week. However, its also a tent site. So the current plan is go back to our roots and tent camp.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:39 AM   #50

Don't know how this might play out for you, but if you have financed this rig has the lender been informed of the damage?
Good luck with your proceedings!!!
Old 04-25-2021, 06:57 AM   #51

I have not mentioned anything to the lender.
I guess I will need to start engaging other parties once I figure out what CW is willing to do. Perfect scenario, they call me tomorrow and say I pick up the exact unit they have in stock without any fight. That would be too easy though. And hopefully the rear stabilizers actually work on that one
Old 04-25-2021, 08:21 AM   #52

Thanks for expressing yourself. Does your insurance carrier know of this damage? Would they even want you to be moving it around yourself, any
more? As you should certainly be well aware, stuff happens, and you don't want to be involved in any incidents while the damaged unit is back on the road.
Stay in touch and good luck!!!
Old 04-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Keep us posted on how all this turns out.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #54

Old 04-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Thanks for expressing yourself. Does your insurance carrier know of this damage? Would they even want you to be moving it around yourself, any
more? As you should certainly be well aware, stuff happens, and you don't want to be involved in any incidents while the damaged unit is back on the road.
Stay in touch and good luck!!!
You absolutely need to report the damage to your insurance carrier and LET THEM HANDLE IT. That's what they do every day....it's their job and they know what to do to resolve this for you.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #56

Thank you all for the support. I spoke with my case rep, who said he would speak with the location GM, who I also messaged with no reply. I was instructed to wait 24-48 hours to see what they say. I did send pictures to my rep and I asked for a confirmation receipt, which I am yet to receive.
I have to be honest, I don't have high hopes this will end favorably or easily for me. Unfortunately, I have read a lot of BBB issues and that has me concerned. I will maintain giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope it turns out for the best. I believe myself to be a decent/good person and hope that I will be treated in kind.
The worst part of hindsight is that I had a deposit on a similar unit 1.5hrs from me. Its a very reputable dealer but my gut always tell me to deal locally and support my home state. Now I feel at the mercy of someone who won't necessarily care.
Anyway, off my soapbox. I truly appreciate your interest, advice and support.

Tags
frame, trailer