Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #99

You can forget about ever getting a call back from the GM, or anyone else for that matter. Once they make a sale, you are on your own. They DON"T care.

CW will never take responsibility for the damage. Did CW install the WD hitch? They would have seen this damage. Even if the did not install the hitch, they would have seen the damage while hooking it up. there is now way that yu could have hit the frame in that location without major damage to your tow vehicle.

Camping World was storing overstock units at the storage center I use. One of their drivers hit the building on the way out. They totally denied it until the owner of the storage lot found the trailer that hit the building on CW's lot.

Have you contacted the manufacturer?
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #100

That is no longer safe. Not sure if someone else said this but you could compare it to a helmet with damage. You know exactly how strong it is until damaged then there is no way to tell how much of it's structural strength is gone. At the very least there should be a overlap welded over the area where it is bent. Would not be difficult, but it should not be your problem.

Ask the manufacturer for their instructions on how to repair it.

Hopefully Camping World owns up to it, and are willing to fix it. Certainly they don't need any more bad press. Id they do, then no problem. I would take it back RIGHT NOW, drop it off and tell them the rule is 3 days from delivery, not from paperwork signature. If they argue tell them you are calling a lawyer and leave it there.

That sucks SOOOO bad. Your brand new trailer damaged. How painful that is. I'm sorry that happened to you.
AirBossdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandonhope View Post
I had to have my insurance in place to sign the paperwork. That day I did inspect the trailer and there was no damage aside from some minor issues that they fixed They stored it for about 3 weeks that's when the damage occurred. I went to pick it up and did not notice the dent beneath the propane cover until we got home
When you picked the trailer up, did you hook it up to your tow vehicle or did they? I'd be surprised if you didn't see the damage while hooking it up. The same would hold true for whoever did at CW.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #102

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ima just add my *with inflation* .42 cents worth here* Number one sorry you purchased from Camping World, we did also, and have had nothing but problems with warranty service.....we had problems with somethings when we bought it and were told they would make it right we finally had to call the Marcus guy and got hold of one of his minions that while we were on the line with her she put us on hold and connected us with the manager of the CW where we bought the Class A MH it got taken care of with in three days, prior to that they were dodging our phone calls and emails I was prepared to drive the two hours to the dealer so we could have a tune up session....but it got taken care of....I have found if you take it in for warranty work do not figure on getting it back for at least a month and thats on the quick side, we took it for one trip last summer for three days to try it out found a lot of stuff that was not right, it was a brand new Class A MH some of the wood work inside was coming loose, the graphics on the front was bubbled and broken, the seal was pulling loose around the front door, etc etc... they took it in around the 25th of August we didnt see it again till October....just had it winterized and let it set...now when I went out to start up the gen and check everything I find the Axxera radio in the front cab is FUBAR....so now its back in the shop for warranty on that. Took it in three weeks ago so we might as well call it a month....they called last Monday or so said all the parts were there it was assigned to a guy to git er done and we should have it in a couple of days over a week has gone by and NADA ENCHILADA....Had a low tire front dirver side asked them to check it and fill with air, they wanted to charge me $69 dollars for air in my front tire LOL I said nope ill do it myself.... $75 to de winterize.... theres a camper place here where I live Bell Camper that will do it for free....and charge less to winterize.....wish they were able to work on Thor coaches id give them all my warranty work.....SORRY FOR THE RANT....this is supposed to be fun not stressful.....anyway keep at em and dont back down make sure you have a paper trail always and keep notes.......worst case call Marcus he wants you to be happy.....good luck let me know how it turns out for you....
Bluesman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #103

I haven't contacted the manufacturer, I didn't even think it was relevant but I can try.
I asked them to assist in hooking it up. I backed up the truck but they made the connections. Maybe the guy was on autopilot and didnt pay attention. I had my 5 year old with me, who wanted to help but I value his fingers so I was trying to contain his excitement and watch the process.
abandonhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #104

Abandomhope,, In your picture #2 is that a yellow paint scuff mark on the black frame ? is it the same color as their "tug" ?

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman51 View Post
Ima just add my *with inflation* .42 cents worth here* Number one sorry you purchased from Camping World, we did also, and have had nothing but problems with warranty service.....we had problems with somethings when we bought it and were told they would make it right we finally had to call the Marcus guy and got hold of one of his minions that while we were on the line with her she put us on hold and connected us with the manager of the CW where we bought the Class A MH it got taken care of with in three days, prior to that they were dodging our phone calls and emails I was prepared to drive the two hours to the dealer so we could have a tune up session....but it got taken care of....I have found if you take it in for warranty work do not figure on getting it back for at least a month and thats on the quick side, we took it for one trip last summer for three days to try it out found a lot of stuff that was not right, it was a brand new Class A MH some of the wood work inside was coming loose, the graphics on the front was bubbled and broken, the seal was pulling loose around the front door, etc etc... they took it in around the 25th of August we didnt see it again till October....just had it winterized and let it set...now when I went out to start up the gen and check everything I find the Axxera radio in the front cab is FUBAR....so now its back in the shop for warranty on that. Took it in three weeks ago so we might as well call it a month....they called last Monday or so said all the parts were there it was assigned to a guy to git er done and we should have it in a couple of days over a week has gone by and NADA ENCHILADA....Had a low tire front dirver side asked them to check it and fill with air, they wanted to charge me $69 dollars for air in my front tire LOL I said nope ill do it myself.... $75 to de winterize.... theres a camper place here where I live Bell Camper that will do it for free....and charge less to winterize.....wish they were able to work on Thor coaches id give them all my warranty work.....SORRY FOR THE RANT....this is supposed to be fun not stressful.....anyway keep at em and dont back down make sure you have a paper trail always and keep notes.......worst case call Marcus he wants you to be happy.....good luck let me know how it turns out for you....
Thank you. I do have a case set up and the Rep is semi responsive but hasnt been able to connect me with the GM.
We have a more local RV rental/service place near us, so I just plan to take it there; assuming this ever gets resolved.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford j View Post
Abandomhope,, In your picture #2 is that a yellow paint scuff mark on the black frame ? is it the same color as their "tug" ?

CLIFFORD
Correct. It looks pretty darn close. I posted the tug earlier but it seems I am unable to post the picture again
Old 04-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #107

The tug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_164354.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	326725  
Old 04-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #108

Looks like whomever drives that mover they like to hit things.
tbucketnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #109

Hello abandonhope, I have Marcus Lemonis' cell phone if you want to have a chat with him.
Finious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #110

Unfortunately you should get your insurance company involved. They are going to keep blowing you off until insurance and legal is involved. You can try the owner of CW hotline but really you need professional assistance with your camper at this point. They are running out your clock if you even have one.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this, especially for your little ones. This really ruins the fun of camping. I hope you straighten this out.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #111

You NEED to Contact Marcus
https://rv.campingworld.com/marcusvip
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:33 PM   #112

Your Damaged New Trailer from Camper World

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandonhope View Post
Ugh! I got a new camper and it was sitting at Camping World while I was waiting to be able to get it. I assume they were moving it around and the frame was dented. I didnt realize until I got home and was tightening up the propane tank cover as its right below there.
You can see the scrap leading to the dent and by the looks of it, I assume their RV movers are yellow.
How bad is it? I also assume this is why the WD bar isn't sitting right.

TIA!
You should not even think about accepting such a problem - unless you enjoy crashing and destroying your trailer. As one member said, go to the dealer and take a picture of the Camper World tug. Give it to your insurance company with the picture and all emails, including this one, and other communications you have had. They can test both the paint on the trailers and require the dealer to let them test the paint on the tug. If they match, get them do a correct repair at no cost and have that repair certified at a reputable dealer (your insurance company can help here). Then when you have a good solid case go after Camper World to recover you time and effort, lost trip costs and whatever else you feel they deprived you of. Things like this should never be accepted by anyone. When the dealer, store, other individual attempts to "screw" you, screw them back. Most Camper Worlds have a long history of doing somewhat questionable jobs.

PS - I may sound like someone who "sues" others. I am not, nor am I a lawyer. I simply detest those who are not ethical and honest! I once had a successful specialized roofing company. Paid employees well, including all taxes, medical and any other fees and still able to make a profit. Had a fellow contact me after 9 years to ask about a developing leak. Went and took a look at this roof. Yep, there was a very small leak developing. Took a couple of hours and repaired. Guy asked how much I owed him - my answer was nothing. I gave you an unconditional 10 year warranty for the roof. So I fixed it.
Good Luck
SteveHulland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, trailer