Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2022, 06:37 AM   #1

Newbie as of February 2022

Good morning, this is bsebol51 (Chuck) and just wanted to check in and looking forward to this forum. I recently bought a 2022 Palimino Puma and anxious to use it come mid April. My wife and I are new to the rv world, have questions and looking forward to reading everyone's views and tips. I am currently struggling to find out info on the galley tank which I've been told I have. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Bsebol51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
hello chuck, i'm abe. SW Florida here. looked up your unit, 5'er or TT. on my 5'er i have 3 tanks, crap tank, galley tank and grey water tank, I think not totally sure, galley tank is tank the sink flows into. When i first went to empty tanks on 1st trip out i seen the pull knob for all 3.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:59 AM   #3

Good morning Abe, I'm in VA and it's a tt with 1.5 baths, (2) Grey and (2) black tanks. What got me thinking about the galley tank was that on the wall mount indicator it had a gly2 which is the galley tank serving the kitchen. Thing is I also have an outdoor kitchen so the dealer only tells me nothing and doesn't really know. From reading a post someone mentioned he had a galley tank that had a dump handle . Owners manual doesn't mention anything about galley tank.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Chuck! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:06 PM   #5

Galley Tank

On My 30 Ft Trailer I have a Black tank, Grey Tank and the Galley Tank.
From the back of My trailer Driver Side going Forward first is the Black Tank Pull Handel then the Grey Tank Pull Handle Last is the Galley Tank Handle.
if I read this right you have an Outside Galley, Drain ALL Your Tanks and then ONLY Fill the Outside Galley. check your gauges and see which one is Filling.
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:14 PM   #6

Welcome Chuck,
From your post, I can’t tell if your trailer is new and can’t tell if you’ve taken delivery yet. If you haven’t taken delivery, make a list of anything you don’t think is explained well in the manuals, and ask for an explanation at your PDI. If you have taken delivery, it would be worthwhile to take the trailer back to the dealer and have them give you a proper and thorough PDI. You paid for it, you should demand it. A proper PDI should take 90 minutes or more for a trailer, and 2 hours or more for a motorhome. If you don’t know what you should ask, post again here, and members will be happy to give you a list. Also during PDI, all appliances, electrical and plumbing systems should be operated to ensure they are operating properly.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 AM   #7

Appreciate the response. The trailer is in storage now and when the weather changes the plan is to get underneath it and find out where this galley tank is. This forum has been extremely helpful as the dealership know nothing. We had a1.5 hour walk around with no mention of this tank. Thank you
Old 02-05-2022, 09:13 AM   #8

The info was helpful. When the weather breaks I plan to go out to where it's stored at to look underneath and see where all these tanks are. The park opens up in April so this will be the first time using it and am trying to get all the info my brain can handle to solve maybe problems. It's amazing all the info I have gotten from all the good people here and absolutely no info from the dealer. Thank you
Old 02-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #9

It's possible you have an indicator but no galley tank. It will be obvious once you get a closer look.
To bad your dealer is uninformed. Did you receive any description or specs on your TT upon purchase? They should have provided some info on this.
If not, you should be able do an internet search for your model# and find out all the info. you need about included equipment.

Look forward to some wonderful journeys. Good luck!
RHD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #10

I just checked on their website. They have an interactive User Manual where you should be able to get the specific answer.
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #11

Top of the morning,
I have a wall mount indicator that says gly2 and Puma rep has stated that I have a galley tank but that's all they know. The booklet that the dealer gives you is really helpful but does not discuss the tanks, everything but them. The owner's manual on the website is good also but doesn't mention galley tank. It's frustrating that between the two for the past two months neither one has helped. I've gotten all my info on the galley tank from this forum and its been great and helpful. So my plan is when the weather breaks here to go underneath and find out where everything is. Maybe then I'll enlighten the dealer... trying to get all the maybe problems out of the way before I start enjoying it come April. Appreciate the feedback, have a great day
Old 02-07-2022, 09:38 AM   #12

Good morning, I have their manual on my email but no mention about galley tank so I'll continue on smartly and get my info from this great forum. Thank you

Tags