Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #15

Watch out for Jayco, I've has bad luck with those.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #16

The advice I could give is buy a trailer that fits your lifestyle. I love cold weather camping so I bought a four seasons. If you don't travel in winter in the snow and cold look for something that fits where you travel and how you travel. Will you be comfortable, have room for all traveling (including pets), go off road, boon dock, full hook ups, what do you want to do, then start your search from there for what you can afford and tow. Some full time, others just travel a lot but will it be a trailer that only gets used a few times the year?

Ask these questions first then buy your trailer. Even after you buy your dream trailer you will always be looking for your next one.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #17

I never get much "traction" with this suggestion, but the Travel Trailer & 5th Wheel Comparison Guide was invaluable for me. Its a book I got on Amazon and it was great to help me narrow down all the manufacturers and models going back several years. Made short work on which were the quality units and which to not bother with. This forum is great, but you'll get a million different opinions...and for every positive vote on a maker you'll get a negative one too.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #18

BestRV was sited by DMV last year for illegally charging people a California set up fee at the tune of $750 a unit. Found that ob Googling them.
fireslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We owned a Nash 23' trailer for a short time, took it to Victoria, BC and back to NorCal. No problems at all, quality product just too small for our needs. We upgraded to an Outdoors RV Wind River 270CISW and are very happy with it. Both builders are rated at the top in all our research!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, california, newbie