Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #15

Brand/Model will get you specific info for that furnace...troubleshooting, wiring diagrams etc
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2020, 02:52 AM   #16

The manuals state it is a Dometic. Not sure which model. But this manual does not match my furnace. It speaks of a switch that I can’t see and an access outside that is not there. So I am not really sure.
TM757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:58 AM   #17

Yes, the dealer did demonstrate. However, it was running when I got there and I was more concerned that everything was working and it was. He probably told me how to turn it on but I don’t remember. I did talk to him recently and it is a simple two step process.
I did check the fuse. I pulled every one and they were fine. All breakers were good too. I am no electrician so I will take it to the dealer to fix.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:59 AM   #18

You are probably close to getting it to work on your own but little shame in taking it to the dealer.

Story time that might benefit you - a friend in a different state in the spring said his shower was would be warm then cool. I knew immediately what was wrong. I told him to set the winterization valves back to original position. He said the dealer winterized the trailer so he did not know the correct water valve positions. I said...humm...you need to turn the valves one at a time until you figure it out. This is not going to be easy. He comes back and said he turned the valves and he is still getting cool water. I said go over it again, that I knew 1 valve was not in the right position. Long story short - he took it to the dealer and they showed him the correct valve positions.

I myself screwed up winterization one time. I turn only 1 valve and pumped 3 gallons of anti freeze thru my hot water tank. The plug was out so the antifreeze was just dumping on the ground. Now I know there are two valves to turn. The winterization valve and the bypass the hot water tank.

This year I winterizatized in 10 minutes.

So that is the next thing to learn. Might at least have a service guy show you the valves while you are there.

My winterization takes 2.5 gallon.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
If there is a master cut off switch for the furnace, it will probably be accessed either in the storage door on the outside right by the furnace outlet or inside near one of the drawers...probably behind the drawer. My bet would be a small rocker switch in that outdoor storage compartment.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #20

Does your thermostat have an OFF switch as well as the adjustment for the temperature? I have no idea what your thermostat is like but the ones in campers I've owned had a plastic OFF switch at the upper left that had to moved to ON. They were very stiff. So stiff I had to push harder than I really wanted to push on a little plastic handle to get it to move.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:57 AM   #21

Talking about switches. On my therostat I have 'off heat cool' If I slide the switch to heat but the thermostat is set to say 60 degrees and it is 65 degrees inside my trailer nothing happens. I also have to set the thermostat to a higher temp then what it is inside my trailer. Then I hear a click and the blower turn on. At 1st I get cool air since that was what is in the heat vents. Then in 10 - 15 seconds I start to get warm air from the furnace.

Same thing happens if I slide the switch to 'cool'. The A/C will not kick on unless the thermostat is set to a cooler temperature than the temperature in my trailer.

In my three RV's this is kinda how all my thermostats worked.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:00 AM   #22

I haven’t even thought about winterizing yet. Something else to learn.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #23

The only switch that I know of is on the thermostat. It is a small trailer. There is a breaker for the furnace. There is no outside compartment switch.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:07 AM   #24

Do you know it is colder in the trailer than the thermostat is set for? Like if the ambient temperature in the trailer is 55 degrees and the thermostat is set to 50 then nothing will happen.

The thermostat needs to be set to a higher temperature than the ambient temperature in the trailer. Try setting the thermostat to its highest setting. Just to see if it kicks on then.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #25

Tried all the way up. No luck.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #26

It should have kicked on. Oh well - back to the dealer.

Good luck
Old 10-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #27

If its like mine, there is a very small slide switch on the bottom of the thermostat, if you don't know its there, you can easily miss it, and its kinda hard to flip. It is the one off switch. The top slide, as you know is the temp setting.
hillbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:42 AM   #28

Mine is the opposite. The small on/off switch is on top and temperature on the bottom.

Tags
192rbs, ace, coachmen, furnace, newbie