Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #1

No Power even though battery has a charge

I have a Coachmen Clipper 16CFB Travel Trailer. I just finished de-winterizing the camper and have had it plugged into my house yesterday and overnight. everything works fine with it plugged in, I unplug it and don't have any power in the interior of the camper. the battery seems to have a charge as I have an electric jack/front stand which is connected to the battery and that works just fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
ggcannella is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2023, 11:36 AM   #2

Battery disconnect switch?
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:26 PM   #3

I don't have a disconnect switch that I can find
Old 03-24-2023, 05:12 AM   #4

Follow the battery negetive wire to its ground point and check for loose or rusty connection.

Follow the positive wire that powers the trailer. There will be a fuse or breaker , most times hidden just under the frame near the hitch.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcannella View Post
I don't have a disconnect switch that I can find
Then it must be a fuse somewhere. As mentioned, there could be one along the frame. I have seen the blade fuse type and the resettable fuse block type
If you find something like this, push the little black button on the end.
Good Luck! Click image for larger version

Name:	619ai7RMLRL._AC_SY355_.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	388757
Old 03-24-2023, 10:07 AM   #6

manual breaker

I did find that in a junction box, but couldn't find a switch. I ran my finger all around the block as best I could, so many wires in that small junction box.

That being said I may have pressed it and just didn't see it. as after I reconnected the battery now everything is working....

Thank you for the help!
Old 03-24-2023, 10:29 AM   #7

Those CB that Reprobate posted a picture of are hard to tell sometimes if they are tripped. In that picture above, the reset button is that little black circle on the end. When they are tripped, it only pops out about 1/16"-1/8". You probably reset it by running you finger around it.
2Curtass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:47 AM   #8

First thought would be the inverter wasn’t turned on.
rhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:57 AM   #9

16 ft travel trailer probable doesn't have an inverter.

If your referring to the converter/charger, that was working because he has 12 volts while on shore power.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcannella View Post
I did find that in a junction box, but couldn't find a switch. I ran my finger all around the block as best I could, so many wires in that small junction box.

That being said I may have pressed it and just didn't see it. as after I reconnected the battery now everything is working....

Thank you for the help!
Congrats!!
Happy Rving!
Old 03-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #11

Glad you kinda stumbled into the fix That is my favorite way to fix things.

Good job [emoji106]
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:27 AM   #12

There are many that are self-resetting and don't have a button/switch. You can bypass the breaker to see if the breaker is the problem and replace. You can find them easily on Azon.

Sent from my SM-N981U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, no power, power