Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #1

Older Dometic RV Fridge

Hi, I recently acquired an older Dometic 2807 fridge with a rebuilt cooling unit. I have the fridge in my garage running on AC before I install it, the fridge is freestanding right now while I test it and perfectly level, the fridge has been running for 24 hours now. I live in the mountains and my garage does not get above 50 degrees Fahrenheit right now. The freezer is running at 0 degrees Fahrenheit but the fridge will only get to 36 degrees Fahrenheit at number 5 on the temp control on the top of the fridge. Number 5 is the coldest setting. I have not run the fridge on LPG as of yet. I am worried that the fridge section is only getting to 36 on setting 5 and it's still cold up here. Should the fridge section be colder than the 36 in this cool environment at the coldest setting? We will be staying in warmer climates so I need the fridge to cool in warmer conditions. I am new to this so I really appreciate any info!!
TahoeTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #2

The fridge should run better when it is installed in the RV. It will get proper air flow over condenser in the RV.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know this for sure, but guessing it may be limited by the thermostat to not get lower than 36 so you don't freeze in the refer area. There are some tricks to improving performance if needed when installed and in warmer weather, here is one example.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/holy-...ck-169401.html
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #4

I think you are ok--if you were to get any colder, than anything stored near the fins is going to freeze.
Circulating air in the fridge will help, but the unit appears to be operating as it should. But also, be sure to try the propane before installing if that is possible.
And if it got to 36d in 24hrs, it is working fine.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #5

Thanks so much for all the information!! Checked the gas and everything is working. Got it installed and added a couple fans under the fins and it's cooling great. Thanks again!!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
The fridge should run better when it is installed in the RV. It will get proper air flow over condenser in the RV.
Does not matter. Actually, Dometic factory tests all units out in a building.

OP, did you put those fans on a t-stat?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #7

The fans are on a thermostat and I attached an ARP Refrigerator Failure prevention device. Did a lot of research and got some great advice from irv2.
Thanks

Tags
dometic, fridge