Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Are you leaning towards just "used" units on dealers lots? What about private sales. The one thing that makes the SoCal market a little different are #1. there really are no off seasons for RVing, not like in the northern half of the country a seller doesn't want to hold a RV over the winter if he has bought a new unit, or is thinking about buying during the RV winter show season. #2. A good chunk of RV trailers are made in Indiana, thus keeping used units to retain a higher price because new units are priced higher in the far west.

I sold my first hybrid ( 2005 Aerolite) on Craigslist. For the last 9 months have started to kick tires on the "next" RV trailer. But, just have not found it yet. Just keep coming back to the hybrid (2013 Aerolite ) we have now that checks all the boxes for our needs. From storage cabinet space, sleeping arrangements, tank sizes....

When buying both new hybrids, from the first offer from the dealer to the actual "sale price" when I signed papers there was a big price difference. If a dealer senses you need his ability to get financing, or have the new or used RV you really want or your in a time crunch to get this thing bought you are at a disadvantage.

If and when we find that next RV, I'll most likely try to sell my hybrid on Craigslist or EBay. We are doing a Yellowstone trip shortly out west and will be taking our trailers title with us and checkbook, but only on our terms, if the price is right.
The difference in pricing should be due to regional pricing practices. I believe all manufacturers charge a delivery fee on their units which is included regardless of where the unit is sold or picked up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
go to seedealercost.com. they list most of the more common rv manufacturers products. its a real eye opener
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
The difference in pricing should be due to regional pricing practices. I believe all manufacturers charge a delivery fee on their units which is included regardless of where the unit is sold or picked up.
I know the RV delivery company drivers charge about $1 mile to delivery RV's across the country. Where I bought my last RV trailer in Western Ohio the no frills dealer said 90% of the people who bought from him never set foot in Ohio. They knew what they wanted, negotiated a price and he delivered the unit. He had a advantage of being so close to Elkhart IN.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is online now   Reply With Quote