Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #1

ORV Creekside 22RB

I am considering purchasing a used ORV Creekside 22RB travel trailer.
There are very few used ones for sale, and when they appear, they sell quickly.
I am 6’ 1 ½” tall and have a 34” inseam. If I was seated on the toilet would there be enough room for my legs and feet?
Is the shower large enough to bath comfortably?
Is it easy to get into and out of the shower?
I know I need to try out the toilet and shower myself. But, I would hate to drive 300 miles to look at one and find out that my knees hit the wall when seated on the toilet, and that the shower is too small and uncomfortable.

Thanks for your input.
Saranovich
Saranovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Plenty of room. If the shower is the tub style with a shower curtain you will want to change the shower rod with a Stromberg Carlson folding shower rod. It holds the curtain out past the edge of the tub about 10 inches so it really gives you a ton more room. It swings in over the middle of the shower when you are done so it is not sticking out into the room.

Just curious why you do not want a model with a slide? They are much roomier in the same size trailer.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranovich View Post
I am considering purchasing a used ORV Creekside 22RB travel trailer.
There are very few used ones for sale, and when they appear, they sell quickly.
I am 6’ 1 ½” tall and have a 34” inseam. If I was seated on the toilet would there be enough room for my legs and feet?
Is the shower large enough to bath comfortably?
Is it easy to get into and out of the shower?
I know I need to try out the toilet and shower myself. But, I would hate to drive 300 miles to look at one and find out that my knees hit the wall when seated on the toilet, and that the shower is too small and uncomfortable.

Thanks for your input.
Saranovich
I'm 6' 1" 210lbs...ish LOL. Fair amount of room in the tub, thank-fully the sky light is in the right spot so I don't have to crank my neck down. I 've installed the rod bar keymastr mentioned....definite must for elbow room, and when not is use it folds back into the tub to open the bathroom up that much more.

The one your looking at, being a rear bath, you should have lots of room when on the john.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

Why not buy an ORV with a slide out?

keymastr,

The used ORV Creekside 22RB will be used by 1 - 2 people.

The reasons I don't want a slide out are:
1. I don't need the extra room.
2. I want to keep it simple.
I want to avoid having to eventually replace the
slide out seals and motor.
3. I don't want to pull the extra weight, commonly
500 lbs for a dinette or a couch slide out.

I will be towing with a 2018 F150 5.0L 4x4 SuperCrew 6.5 ft bed.
If I towed a 2016 Creekside 22RB loaded up to it's GVWR (which I will never do), I would be towing
70% of my truck's max towing capacity.
6400/9100
I read that if you tow at 60 - 75% of your maximum towing capacity, you will never lose power climbing a long, steep grade.

keymastr and Brad Wilf,
Thank you for replying, and for your suggestion.

Saranovich
Old 10-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dont be shy to come over and check out the ORV section of Irv2.
The John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #6

I have a 2016 Creekside 22RB- bought it used two years ago - as you I do not like slides- plenty of room for two people - even had my sister and wife on long 4000 mile round trip last year. Just finished a 11,700 mile round trip Alaska and back - a great “traveling “ travel trailer
Cappeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #7

The gvwr on my 2016 22RB is 7500 lbs -? Loaded with full water I’m at 7100 lbs with a 1000 tongue weight. - Might want to look closer at your towing weight calcs
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #8

Thanks for your input.

I am a newbie, but I have checked 2 sources, including the 2016 ORV Creekside brochure, and they both list a Maximum Trailer Weight of 6400 lbs. Doesn't this mean the dry trailer weight (4700 lbs) plus batteries, propane, water and cargo, is not suppose to exceed 6400 lbs?
Even though the trailer has two 3500 lb axles.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #9

Wink 2016 ORV Creekside 22RB Wet Cargo

Cappeter:

Concerning your 7100 lb, wet and loaded, 2016 ORV Creekside 22RB:

How many lbs of water?
How many lbs of propane?
How many batteries?

Thanks for your time.

Saranovich
Spokane
Old 10-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, generally the brochure weights are not realistic. They normally do not include items like the TV, air conditioner, awning etc so even the empty trailer is several hundred pounds heavier than the brochure "dry weight". Then the dealer will add propane bottles and batteries and any other options you have purchased from him beyond what ORV includes.

Gross trailer weight is the most the trailer is allowed to weigh ever, period. It is what it was designed to carry. Generally on the smaller ORV trailers you can figure with a tank of water and batteries you will have about 800 pounds left for your gear, food, clothing etc. so basically it will almost always weigh the gross trailer weight or very close to it.

My 23 RBS has a gross weight rating of 7500 pounds and with a tank of water and supplies for a couple weeks it weighs 7200 pounds.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Well, generally the brochure weights are not realistic. They normally do not include items like the TV, air conditioner, awning etc so even the empty trailer is several hundred pounds heavier than the brochure "dry weight". Then the dealer will add propane bottles and batteries and any other options you have purchased from him beyond what ORV includes.

Gross trailer weight is the most the trailer is allowed to weigh ever, period. It is what it was designed to carry. Generally on the smaller ORV trailers you can figure with a tank of water and batteries you will have about 800 pounds left for your gear, food, clothing etc. so basically it will almost always weigh the gross trailer weight or very close to it.

My 23 RBS has a gross weight rating of 7500 pounds and with a tank of water and supplies for a couple weeks it weighs 7200 pounds.
Same as key master- I go by gvwr on sticker on my 2016 22RB- mine is also 7500 lbs - fully loaded I also weigh 7209 lbs - with a tongue weight of 1000 lbs plus or minus pending weight distribution- my black/grey tsk in the rear - fresh water slightly fwd of axles. Also gave 4 GC2 batteries up front with miscellaneous tools in Front stg - I was surprised at my weight but have gone to the scales twice and that is what it is!
I lost a brg/spindle in Yukon Territory - I upgraded to two 6000 Lb axles in Whitehorse - that was next biggest size in stock at the time- I was always concerned with the 3500 Lb axles - no more concerns there