Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OutdoorsRV Trailer Cover

Well I ordered a cover off Amazon, they had the best price. It came on Monday and I put it on to see how it fits. I purchased a Classic Accessory that is made for the travel trailers. I was concerned about the height of the cover, but it fits just fine. My box length is in the middle of two sizes so it does fit a little loose. I was able to pull it tight on the front and tighten up the straps on the back to pull up the slack. Should work for a couple of years, for it seems that is about all they last for.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
Well I ordered a cover off Amazon, they had the best price. It came on Monday and I put it on to see how it fits. I purchased a Classic Accessory that is made for the travel trailers. I was concerned about the height of the cover, but it fits just fine. My box length is in the middle of two sizes so it does fit a little loose. I was able to pull it tight on the front and tighten up the straps on the back to pull up the slack. Should work for a couple of years, for it seems that is about all they last for.
How do you put it on/take it off? One person, starting on the roof? The roof is not my friend...my first knee replacement is next Tuesday.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
How do you put it on/take it off? One person, starting on the roof? The roof is not my friend...my first knee replacement is next Tuesday.

Bob
As I re-read my post above about your new cover, I'm reminded of the story of the man who was asked how he was going to build his house. He replied, "...from the ground up.". When the same man was building his house, he was asked why he was not using half the nails but rather putting them into an empty coffee can, he replied "...they are for the other side of the house.".

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When getting up on the roof of your TT, just be sure you DO NOT go down the way you went up, that is, head first.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door