Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

Owners of Premier Bullet 30RIPR

Anyone with 2015/2016 have any reviews?
Hapecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #2

We have the 2016 and have been out about five times in it so far. Have had some very minor issues but overall very very happy. It's a very comfortable trailer and very "homey." If I had to pick a gripe (that can't be fixed) it's that the large windows are on the wrong side. I'd prefer to look out under my awning.

Anything you're interested in knowing?
04266832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #3

Thank you for responding. We presently have a class A MH and are attempting to sell it and downsize back to a travel trailer. This is one of the TT we are considering.
I am interested in how it tows and sets up.
What do you tow yours with? Dealer tells me that it is 1/2 ton towable, which I doubt.
Awning is over a slide. Do you basically loose that part of the awning?
Lack of storage in bedroom and bath?
Operation of slides.

Again, thank you for responding.
Hapecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #4

Good questions.

In terms of half-ton towing, I tow with a 2013 F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost. It tows like a dream and is very very stable which I attribute to the distance between the wheels. My previous trailer was about 1-2k heavier and towed just as well except would have more sway in high wind.

The awning is large enough where there's still usable area under the slide and in front of the awning. The slide isn't terribly deep. What bothers me more is the fact that the LED lights go all the way across for no apparent reason. At night, because the slide is hiding the lights, you basically have a dark area. I'm sure it lights up the top of the slide real well, though?

For my family we have plenty of storage inside -- there are still unused shelves in the pantry area. In the bedroom, we haven't had any issue with storage except that the under-bed storage is useless. There are no air/gas struts to hold up the compartment, which means you have to try and balance it on your head to get under there. The cabinets and "wardrobes" are nothing special -- pretty typical of what I've seen in others with a similar floorplan. We were also shopping Rockwood's, which had a slide in the bedroom and allowed for a much bigger wardrobe.

The bathroom storage is lacking. There's a medicine cabinet and under-sink cabinet. We keep our towels in the large coat closet as you walk into the door. There's enough unused space above the toilet however that we plan on adding shelves.

The slide operation is nothing special. They work well and are more quiet than in my previous TT. The biggest concern I have is a failure of the slide. The manual operation would consist of using a cordless screwgun and attaching two flexible bits they provide. The motor is above the slide inside the coach, so you'll have to (somehow) get up there and operate it while not getting in the way of the slide and still reaching the back. It's probably better explained with a picture, which I'm happy to take if interested.

Overall, we've only found a few things that we're unhappy about that are fairly easily fixed. The lack of outdoor space was fixed by organizing better using small totes. The 30A power plug mouse door is inbetween the grill and spare tire which made it very awkward to operate -- I upgraded to the Furrion cordless system and that problem is solved. I wanted the magnetic latches on baggage doors from the higher-end models -- that was fixed with a $10 purchase from Amazon.

We've been very very happy with our purchase.

I hope this helps in your decision. Again, if you have any other questions or want pictures let me know.
04266832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #5

30' RIPR towing with eco-boost

We are looking at a 2018 30' RIPR, empty weight of around 6675 lbs, what kind of mileage are you getting when towing with your eco?
Hatleyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote