Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #1

Plumbing Issues

Anybody have or know where I can find pumping schematics for the grey and black tanks on my 2015 Keystone Bullet 252BHS. I am having problems with sensor accuracy and been told may have 2 grey tanks.
GLE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Having multiple tanks shouldn't effect the sensors, they are notoriously inaccurate. If you have multiple grey tanks, the manufacturer or a brochure on your model should tell you number and capacities of holding tanks.

You might hook up to a sewer and use a hose to test your tanks. Sometimes a lavatory sink is hooked to the black tank to add liquid to it and relieve load on the grey tank. Try pouring food coloring down a sink then dump each tank, looking for the food coloring. In addition, if you have two grey tanks, you might have two slide valves to keep them separate before dumping.

Many display panels for levels have adjustments. Check on the website of panel maker for instructions. Often you fill tank with water, then adjust tank display.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

The stock sensors on almost all RVs are known for lying. If you have 2 gray tanks, there should be 3 valves. One our Montana the galley tank drain valve is between the axles on the same side as the other valves.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #4

Install SeeLevel tank gauges and get rid of the terrible stock sensors. They are manufactured by Garnet Industries and are a great upgrade.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #5

the only tank i care about is the black when being accurate. the two grey tanks i have will just overflow into the sink or tub telling me time to dump, i usually have the shower grey tank connected to sewer and open with a p trap type curve to it to trap odors. you can tell when flushing if the level us maxed out....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:42 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
the only tank i care about is the black when being accurate. the two grey tanks i have will just overflow into the sink or tub telling me time to dump, i usually have the shower grey tank connected to sewer and open with a p trap type curve to it to trap odors. you can tell when flushing if the level us maxed out....
Most toilets are directly connected to the black tank, a quick glance down during a flush gives an idea as to level. If you constantly drain gray tank, what do you use to flush the sewer hose after dumping the black tank?

Bob & Donna
Old 04-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #7

I had problem with tank sensors always reading high with only a gal. water in it.
dealer tried every cleaner and flush out there, then one Tech reached in through the toilet and felt the sensors, he fixed the problem. the epoxy glue the put the tanks together with dripped on and ran down two sensors, after scraping it off, no more problem.
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekker View Post
I had problem with tank sensors always reading high with only a gal. water in it.
dealer tried every cleaner and flush out there, then one Tech reached in through the toilet and felt the sensors, he fixed the problem. the epoxy glue the put the tanks together with dripped on and ran down two sensors, after scraping it off, no more problem.
That tech isn't paid enough.

Bob & Donna
Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #9

Thanks everybody for your responses. Can and how do I forward these responses to a new iRV2 forum member?
GLE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #10

The Bullet line generally uses the same panel for all their trailers so they show 2 gray even when you have one. The second will never change if you have just one. After a few trips you will not need the sensors as you will learn to read the signs or the timing. We open the gray when we arrive and close it the night before we leave so we have water to flush the hose. I hate taking a shower when the tank is suddenly full. If you have 2 gray tanks you will generally either need to move the sewer hose to dump it or have a second hose and use a Y to connect them. Good luck. Any member of the site can see this.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:54 PM   #11

to answer, I keep the galley or kitchen grey tank closed until it fills up as I leave the shower grey tank open. this keeps the shower open to take multiple showers and when I dump my black the galley tank always has enough to complete the hose rinse.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing