Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #1

Possible Leak

We have a starcraft TT and I was cleaning today and noticed some brown streaks coming down inside of upper cabinet and the kitchen walls. I clean the streaks and they came off with no residue left behind. Walls don't show any signs of water damage. Any ideas where these brown stains could be coming from. Leakage from the gutter or what.
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #2

possible leak

Sounds like humidity issue. The moisture builds up in a closed camper and the extreme heat makes the walls sweat. Do you air the camper during real hot days Or leave some windows open to allow circulation? If not the heat will cause the walls to sweat and run. Pics would help so we can see how much you’re talking about. I always keep windows cracked for air flow. Don’t need any mold issues from the condensation build up.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #3

leakl

Its a small streak about the diameter of a pencil and runs from the top inside cabinet to the counter below it. Its brown and wipes right off with no stain on wall paper thanks for your help
Old 07-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If there has been no recent rain or dew, or you haven't washed it, it's condensation. Keep it aired out.
If you want to be sure there are no leaks, wet it down and check the walls.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #5

do u think it could be coming from the ac drain gutter since it is brown which is dirt most likely. If it was a water stain would it still wipe off? We have had several storms since i have been inside. Our humidity here in san antonio is terrible and we have had the TT closed up for a few weeks. thanks again for your advise and time
Old 07-13-2018, 02:37 AM   #6

I would suggest getting on a ladder and checking your roof for cracks and making sure everything protruding through the roof is sealed real good. But the fact that it has been closed for weeks and humidity is high leads me to this being condensation. Still it never hurts to check the chalking around everything. Good luck but from what you’re saying it doesn’t sound like anything serious.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcguire48 View Post
Its a small streak about the diameter of a pencil and runs from the top inside cabinet to the counter below it. Its brown and wipes right off with no stain on wall paper thanks for your help
I have a 27 foot 5th wheel. I installed MAX AIR no fan roof vents. They stay open 24/7 unless we have the heat on. No condensation problem. I have one on the motorcycle trailer that I have never closed. Not even when traveling. Just be sure it is installed in the right direction.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #8

leakl

Thanks everyone for your advice and time

Tags
leak