Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #1

Prime Time Front Cap Paint Code

Anyone know or found maybe the paint code for the front cap on Prime Time's BROWN front caps? Mine is of course peeling the paint and clear coat on the top and it's all of two years old. No problem painting it, just trying to find the RM code if possible. Dealer is no help. Thanks in advance!
6.7L, 3:31, Husky CenterLine TS
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #2

Apparently this information is unavailable, so I just went to Lowes and found a paint card with the shade that is very close to what we have and will take it to my paint guys to make me up a couple spray cans of it in a good enamel. Since the issue is contained to the top 8-10 inches of the cap on the top, I will prepare it and paint black primer and then spray the brown and a good clear coat and it will be as close as needed for the average Joe or Jane.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #3

Your front cap is probably the same brown that Northwood, Jayco, Heartland, etc used. I can't tell the difference between my NW brown cap and older (2013-2015?) Jayco's.
Mines in the paint shop right now getting the front cap painted. I went with the side color which is a creamy tan white color. It's the same color that NW switched to for their front caps in 2015 when they strated getting reports of cap fading. Same with the dark greys used my many MFG's. I went with the ligher color because it will keep the bedroom a little cooler, it won't show water streaks as bad. It will also give the 5er a new model look.
The paint shop just takes a photo of it and matches the paint.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #4

Yeh, my next step with this will be to do exactly that, paint it the light beige. Could do it now but don't have the time to do the whole cap. But yes that is exactly how it should have been painted in the first place.

Tags
front cap, paint