RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #1

Pro's and Con's of a Trail Manor

Hi!

Looking at getting a 2007 Trailer Manor. We've watched some you tube videos and looking at some reviews but wanted your take on a Trailer Manor. Are they really dirty after traveling? 🤔 The refrigerator doesn't work. Would that be a nightmare to replace? What are the common items that break?

A big thank you!
~

MommaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #2

Before we got our 1st MH I researched Trail Manors, I have up after the ones available in reasonable distance were in rough shape.

I do like the concept.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A new refrigerator will be more than a 14 year old trailer is worth. I would look for a newer unit. Unless very well cared for a trailer that old may be a money pit and could be full of dangerous black mold. If they have masked the smell or it smells like mildew or there are any stains on walls or ceilings I would run.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #4

I bought an old Apache fold up trailer
Many many years ago.I had to replace some of the mechanical parts.

The Trail Manor reminds me of the above.
Many mechanical parts that could be worn out.

Are parts still available?
Be cautious !
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #5

We considered them at one point, but you lose a lot of storage space, and have to have a short and smaller refrigerator. I agree with the comments about purchasing an older unit, but if the price is right and you can do your own work, it may be good for you. For the past couple of years when we spend some time in Florida during the winter, I've noticed a couple that have a Trail Manor and I think they use it a lot. It's all about how you adapt and are willing to compromise. If I had one, I think I'd want to have a second refrigerator (bar size) that could be kept inside, or outside as desired. The 2nd fridge would be used for cold drinks leaving more room in the main fridge for food.

Whatever you do, make sure you look very carefully for any signs of water leaks/damage. When I traded in my 10 year old Sunline trailer, they found a small amount of water damage on the slide out that I hadn't noticed. So even is someone has really tried to maintain a rig, stuff can happen!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #6

I always liked the Trail Manor. One thing conventional trailer do that no one likes is they are affected by wind. Trail Manor cuts that in half.

It does make sense that road dirt will get inside somewhat but I have no idea if it is a tolerable amount or not.

tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer