Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #1

Puncture Proof Tires & Pressure Warning

Hello,

I own a small 17 ft. Viking travel trailer with 1 axle and am wondering if there is a tire that will not deflate if punctured and also a notification on my dashboard that gives me a warning of low pressure?

Thank you
JEANPRO54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2022, 01:32 PM   #2

Yes, you can get a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, (TPMS).

I don't know of any run flat type tires that would be appropriate for.trailers, though.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANPRO54 View Post
Hello,

I own a small 17 ft. Viking travel trailer with 1 axle and am wondering if there is a tire that will not deflate if punctured and also a notification on my dashboard that gives me a warning of low pressure?

Thank you
I don't think there are any "puncture proof tires" unless you went to a solid tire like goes on a forklift. There are better brands.
I generally stay with brands made here in the US. And they make Tire Pressure Monitor systems for Toad cars, those would also work on your trailer.
I have for years checked tires at every stop. The old truckers carried a short bat in their cab for checking tires. a fully inflated tire was hard, a tire even just a little low has a different feel. DR
DR60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:24 PM   #4

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/f...ket-conference

Flats Over[emoji2400] Unveils The RV Safety Band[emoji2400] Rubber Run-Flat Device At RV Aftermarket Conference
Aug 23, 2021
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:27 AM   #5

Thank you for the information! I will definitely buy the TPMS. Learning everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatCJ View Post
Yes, you can get a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, (TPMS).

I don't know of any run flat type tires that would be appropriate for.trailers, though.
JEANPRO54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:54 PM   #6

For a TPMS, you’ll want metal valve stems on your tires.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote