Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2017, 07:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by renhcir View Post
There's a fantastic fan in the bedroom at the other end of the TT but this has happened even when the AC is on and all the windows/vents are closed I thought about the fan pulling gas into the TT but when I do use it a I always have 3+windows wide open (with the windows open I don't think much negative pressure should build inside at least not enough to pull gas around a idle toilet?)
I do know I tell.my wife to open the bathroom vent and turn that fan on but she always forgets or something, especially when the front fantastic fan is on because it pulls the stink through the whole TT it woke me up one morning (I wear a CPAP and I thought something was burning in the machine) it was forcing the stink down my throat. If my wife thinks it's funny it's not but I have to give her the benefit of the doubt (she forgets the bath vent/fan)
renhcir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171001_195756.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	178456 this is the borescope I have I was thinking of getting a piece of flexible conduit to put the end in so I can bend it in a way it will hold shape right now it's just a flexible wire with a lighted camera on the end, I know they have metal conduit for Romex at HD and Lowe's maybe a couple feet would allow me to guide it through the bowl so I can see all sides of the tank? Right now I can only see the shallow side away from the outside drain and wherever the roof vent enters the tank (what I saw was nasty maggots everywhere so something has been breeding in the tank) anyone ever use one of these Scopes and make something to help guide it?
Old 10-01-2017, 06:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Attachment 178456 this is the borescope I have I was thinking of getting a piece of flexible conduit to put the end in so I can bend it in a way it will hold shape right now it's just a flexible wire with a lighted camera on the end, I know they have metal conduit for Romex at HD and Lowe's maybe a couple feet would allow me to guide it through the bowl so I can see all sides of the tank? Right now I can only see the shallow side away from the outside drain and wherever the roof vent enters the tank (what I saw was nasty maggots everywhere so something has been breeding in the tank) anyone ever use one of these Scopes and make something to help guide it?
Plus I have to use a laptop or my tablet my Nexus has a USB C port and the adapter that came with it won't power through camera, a phone would be easier to handle than the other devices in my small bathroom.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #32

My borescope came yesterday......plugs into Droid phone and notebook......will be using it this winter to check out trailer while in Arizona........I would think pvc pipe and a slow bend elbow would work......my tank is offset, so once I see the setup, will go from there.......don't you have a tank flush? Get a Camco portable...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:42 AM   #33

If not previously mentioned, the bowl needs to hold some water after flush or odor will be a problem. If it doesn't, bend a toothbrush and clean the seal. Lube with a non silicone waterproof grease. (no Vaseline or petroleum products)
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:58 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary737 View Post
If not previously mentioned, the bowl needs to hold some water after flush or odor will be a problem. If it doesn't, bend a toothbrush and clean the seal. Lube with a non silicone waterproof grease. (no Vaseline or petroleum products)
It holds water I filled it to the top edge and let it sit overnight it didn't drop at all after 8 hours, so the issue has to be the gasket or a defect in the bowl that's left gas pass Into the camper somewhere??? Come to think of it I don't think the previous (the original owner) used the bathroom much the way the camper looked when I got it there was little to no signs of use of anything (the furnace was never used, I don't think they even used the water heater) they only used the TT to take grandkids to resorts like Disney world and probably used the brick and mortar bathrooms, heck the stove top and oven were never used, then it sat I storage for almost 10 years, if it wasn't for the failure of the edpm from the sun it would have looked like it just came out of the factory!!! I did find a few things the past owner didn't know where not built right they could have forgotten the toilet seal??? They missed a duct cover for the furnace it was laying on the floor behind a access grate.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:02 AM   #35

I wonder if you are chasing the wrong source. Is there a hand basin in with the toilet?
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I wonder if you are chasing the wrong source. Is there a hand basin in with the toilet?
Nope the basin is outside the bathroom it's definitely the toilet it gets stronger when I bend down to flush
Old 10-02-2017, 06:32 AM   #37

Quote:
I am on a permanent site and was wondering what the benefit to using a PVC Sewer line instead of the Flexible Hose?? I see this at a lot of long term RV sites in SC, does this Allow the valve to remain open? (If I flush the black tank regularly?)
The reason for asking is I have to drain my black tank (Usually before it gets to the 1/2 way point) or a odor that will scare away flies will start to build up in my TT I have tried several different tank treatments none (usually last more than a few day lately)
I thought this was the warm weather but it's cool outside now, I have no idea why it's so bad? This isn't my first full-time RV and Never had this problem before,
I know if I had a park model a PVC line would work since it wouldn't have a holding tank and nothing would be stored under the TT, I don't know if I just need to get a remote tank valve (one with a long Cable) that can be opened from the inside and just dump every day??? It's really bad! That chemicals I have tried are drop ins, orange liquid, and some blue stuff that looks and smells like the stuff used in portapottys (this seems to last the longest):
The only thing I noticed is it happens when the wife uses it she does have some problem she blames on medication she needs for a disability, but this is worse than a sewer treatment plant after a Superbowl and tankers of beer have been consumed ( sorry to leave that image ) so will a PVC pipe help and if so what are any down sides to it??? Thanks
Sorry it's a gross topic I have been trying to solve for a couple months now.
Thinking you need to use a LOT More WATER.

The problem is in the TANK so the line will not solve your SMELL issue.

With every time You use the Toilet add a gallon or so of water to follow then after you drain add say 5 gallons and some cleaner to sit.

Hope this helps,

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Click image for larger version

Name:	1506946342627.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	178490
Old 10-02-2017, 06:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Don't mind the mess it sux not having a bathroom cabinet
Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #40

Don't put bleach in your tanks. It destroys the seals. The oder control liquid or tablets should be added once per day to the black tank.
cyclehome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclehome View Post
Don't put bleach in your tanks. It destroys the seals. The oder control liquid or tablets should be added once per day to the black tank.
Once per day?? That could cost a lot since what I have is supposed to last a week a dose a day would cost $15 a week
Old 10-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #42

Talking about the permanent PVC pipe - yes, it is a good idea if you are not going to move the trailer. The reason is the sun will deteriorate the flexible hose in a few summers. PVC will last a long long time.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote