Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Quality Build

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum. And would like to say Hi. I have owned my 03 Prowler for 13 years. Well it is time to replace it. That said looking at new ones seems to be costly. My Prowler many leaking problems. I did get good at fixing them though. And have learned a ton about matiness over the years.

While working on my prowler I saw a ton of crappy construction and just stupid craftsmanship. That said my main question to the forum is what brands of travel trailers do you find to be well built for the wet Pacific northwest climate.
Phil Fravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Outdoors RV. I have a Black Rock 19b and it is pretty damned good. I've lived in it full time since August, and except for not having dual pane windows, it has been very good for the PAcific North Wet and for The SW desert where I am right now.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #3

Thanks I have been looking at those. I believe they are discontinuing the black rock series. I have heard good things about Outdoors rv.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #4

I'd be looking at Arctic Fox/Nash and Lance trailers. I'd also consider Winnebago if you don't care about having a four season trailer.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just FYI, Arctic Fox and Nash are made by the same larger company that makes Outdoors RV.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #6

If you don't mind the compact side of life Lance is a serious contender. I haven't seen Arctic Fox/Nash in several years.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #7

Thanks Wahoonc The Lance will be added to the list
Old 03-07-2016, 04:03 AM   #8

We have been looking at Lance 2285
A bit pricey, build quality sees a lot better than a jaco
We like the layout & floorplan.
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #9

Does anybody have any imput on Forest river or Komfort trailers
Old 03-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
My trailer was made by Forest River. They make many brands, because they bought out a lot of companies over the last 20 years. The brand I have is adequate, but just adequate. I don't think it was worth what I paid for it. I have worked on it just about endlessly and now have a decent trailer... but it didn't come that way. I've been looking at trailers for about 18 months. Some of the Jayco stuff I've seen looks well made, some not so much. Lance looks like better quality but they don't make anything big enough for our grandchild population explosion. Winnebago Ultra Lites look good... and sometimes not so good... Travel Trailers are such a mixed bag that it's tough to really feel good about any of them. It's even tougher to let go of one that is actually 100% working (for now ) and plunk down good money for a new one to begin totally rebuilding... just because you need the room. But... my grand kids are worth the effort so I'll be fixing a new White Hawk pretty soon... There's nothing better than having a TT full of kids laughter, or seeing one of them catch their first trout... or sunfish... or... ... being told you're the "best PapaJack... EVER!"
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #11

We have an Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240 RKS. Hands down, the best camper built, esp for PNW, made here, for here.
rdowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #12

I owned a keystone, don't think I will again. Anything from Northwood Mfg seems to be the way to go. Arctic Fox, Nash, OutdoorsRV top the list of reliability.
Jayco's seem thrown together like the Keystones. I've known people with Forest Rivers and Komforts and I would avoid those as a result. I hear good things about Lance.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We're in the same boat, as looking for the "next" trailer. Really no problems with the one we have now (2013 Aerolite hybrid) BUT? looking for more of a quality built 4 season unit, as I'll be entering retirement in June. We like the shoulder seasons here in the upper Midwest (NE. OH.) The RV show back in Jan. I would say the Winnebago's held the most promise, but no real floorplan in the sub-30' area we are looking at.

The only problem I see on Outdoors RV's in general are very few floorplans with the extra sleeping area for a 3rd person.

I don't believe they sell any Outdoors RV's east of the Mississippi. Same as Arctic Fox (Northwood). Both are made in OR. We will be going to Alaska this summer, so we plan to stop out west to see what each offers. There was a dealer near Cincinnati who just picked up the Arctic Fox line, which is good news.

It's different shopping now because I'm in no time frame to purchase the next one. It's not like we "have to" buy a new one for our Alaska trip. I would rather take what we have, because with 200+ nights in that unit, I kind of know it's limits and away around.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality