Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

R-Vision Help needed.

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone who has an R-Vision Trail Cruiser would be kind enough to help us out with some info and measurements. We recently bought a 2004 TC23QB which had been torn apart by the previous owner to replace some bad floor. They told us that all the pieces were there but after replacing the WHOLE floor we have come to realize that there are some pieces missing. Only the top of the bed with the hinge for the under bed storage is there, so we will have to build the base of the bed that this sits on. Is there anyone out there with this floor plan that would be kind enough to measure the box that the queen mattress sits on? If you need pictures I would be happy to send them just message me.

Thank you
Annette
Puckmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #2

My bedbox is 72" X 52.5" X 15.5"

Queen size mattress's for RVs are small then a normal queen for a sticks and bricks home just so you know. They are 78" X 60".

With that in mind, my bed box has a hinged bedboard the same width as the mattress and is shorter than the mattress by about 4". It is sitting on top of the bedbox (storage area) and is 78" X 57". The hinge is at 25.5" from the wall.

This should get you started while you wait for someone that has your model to come by and notice your post...

Good luck!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #3

I have a 2008 Trail-Lite by R-Vision Trail-Sport Series M-25S that appears to have the same floor plan.

The queen bed's frame is 48" wide x 68-3/4" long and 17-1/2" high.

Hope this helps.

Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #4

Whoa, look at that. They shortened the 'Queen' size mattress to 74". Mine is 78". They must think humans are shrinking as they get older and start buying RVs because they've retired. Oh, wait...

A standard Queen is 80" X 60".

Old 09-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #5

Hi, we are just going to be starting the build for the box for the pass through storage and the bed tonight. If there is any way you could take a photo of the bed with the lid up that would show the inside and how it is constructed that would be awesome! If not possible no worries the info you provided has been so helpful. Thank you again. If you want you can send directly to Puckmutt@gmail.com
Old 09-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #6

Are you asking me? Or Seon? Or both of us?

Well, guess it doesn't matter really...

I have others at my blog...I'll keep searching. Might take some time as there are hundreds of articles.

Aha! Found one...still searching for more. Note that in this picture, the bed platform is leaning up against the mattress which is leaning up against the closet doors...

That door on the end of the bed frame holds the Circuit Breaker panel for the AC.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:59 AM   #7

So in my case, I have the frame with two gas struts, on top of that goes the hinged bed board which acts as the traditional box springs. The bed board short part is held to the bed frame with 4 long screws. The hinge goes completely from one side to the other and many many #8 wood screws secure it. As mentioned earlier, the hinge is 15.5" from the wall end of the frame.

Then the end of the gas struts that are closest to the wall are placed 31 & 1/4" from the near end & the other end attached to the raised bed board is at 25" from the near end. It that makes sense.

Note that the bed board, when closed, rests on top of formed vinyl that prevents squeaks and chaffing of the two wood surfaces. I suppose closed cell foam insulation (Frost King) would work as well.

Also note the two dowels on either side of the frame. They mate with spring steel 'U's on the bed board so when you're driving down the road, they keep the bed closed so it won't bounce open. A good hardware store will have those clips.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #8

I was hoping Seon, as he has the same trailer as us but yours has been helpful as well. Thank you again you guys are amazing, what a goldmine of knowledge!
Old 09-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckmutt View Post
I was hoping Seon, as he has the same trailer as us but yours has been helpful as well.

Sorry for late reply but the wife and I just returned from our maiden voyage in the R-Vision. What a comfortable trailer!

As for my trailer's bed frame, it would be the same as Jim's picture.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vision