Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #1

Road Service Plans for TTs

My year with Coachnet courtesy of Jayco is about up. I'm inclined to stay with them. But between Good Sam and Coachnet. I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on a best plan for pickups pulling TTs. I can't find a real difference between the two. The complaints I've read about both are mostly "pilot error," like choosing a tech call and then asking for a tow and being charged for the tow. Oddly, I haven't been asked by Coachnet to re-sign, but Good Sam fills my mailbox all the time.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we had a TT we tried Good sams. Beleive it or not we actually got stuck in our yard about 1 o clock in the afternoon. It had rained and the ground was very soft. buryied my wheels to the axels on the TT and the Yukon XL. Called good Sam, they were so polite, seemed worried about our saftey. said some one would be there to pull us out within an hour. Called 2 hrs later and they said it would be an hour later. 18 hours later we called again (8 AM) and they said an hour. Finally about noon they showed up. some dude with a car and he wanted to know if I had a tow line. tHAT DID it. i CANCELED! WENT WITH COACH-NET. Have used them several times and have had very good service. And they don't load your mail box with junk mailers ecvery other day. even had an electrical problem and they referred me to a tech rep who helped locate the problem. The RV mfg and the chassis mfg didn't give the help, but COACH NET did. good luck....ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #3

That's a terrible report on Good Sam's service. Lucky you were at home. As far as getting stuck there, I'm in a similar situation. If we leave in the snow, I'm more likely to get stuck between the barn and the road than anywhere along the trip.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
Reports on Good Sam's have been hit or miss, depending on one's location, time of day, and day of the week. I've seen only one complaint about Coachnet and that was from someone who was confusing ERS with a service plan.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #5

I was of the impression that coachnet only signed up coaches i.e. Class A's???
FishaPalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishaPalooza View Post
I was of the impression that coachnet only signed up coaches i.e. Class A's???
Their name may be misleading you. I'm interested only in basic towing service or an on-scene tech, and one year of that basic service came with my Jayco purchase. Their premium package is $120, $30 more than the basic package, and covers all of your cars and trucks all of the time, rather than just the TV and trailer while towing. Thas's my understanding of the basic coverage. Pretty limited.

I don't think there is any coverage, even on the TV, when the trailer isn't attached to the trailer. Might be wrong on that, but that is what was explained to me. Oddly, I called Coachnet and asked to upgrade immediately from that free basic package, and they turned me down. So I kept my almost worthless tow coverage I have with Hartford. It's limited to $75, which doesn't get you very far in a rural area.

I renew in April. That's why I'm looking for opinions on which of the two main services I should sign on with.

Tags
service