Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2021, 11:06 AM   #1

Angry Rockwood & Flagstaff - QA Department

So, I am not one who likes to complain publicly about issues I'm having but rather deal with them privately or just suck it up and move on...Having said that, I have received some of the worst customer service from this department...let me explain.

I ordered a new Rockwood GEO 20BHS from them back in November and it was delivered in March. After my initial walk-through at the dealer everything seemed fine and I soon took it for its maiden voyage. In the process of pulling out drawers to adjust water lines (open/closed) or even going under the sink to put stuff away I noticed a handful of screws just rolling around, several boards that had pilot screws in them but never actually installed, one broken board that was glued down, and another that was missing entirely.

So, when I got back home I reached out to ask if they had someone checking this before it left and basically saying you missed it and to pay attention...the answer I got back from Mark Akins was "To answer your question yes we have multiple inspections." and "Sometimes the rv travels many miles to the dealer from Northern Indian were we build them and will need some shake down repaired to get ready for sale." I tried to explain this wasn't something just working its way loose (although its meant to move so if that was the case, then that's another issue), but rather never being installed and even offered to send pictures since I have never seen a screw back out an inch while traveling.

Mark then ignored me for 6 weeks until I finally reached back out and thanked him for his lack of concern or getting back, to which he responded with 'I answered your question", presumably about if they have a QA department.

I have asked to deal with someone else, he has sent my email to his management and they are just as incompetent and thus no more replies.

As much as like my 1st ever camper, I can assure you that my next one will be from a different manufacture 100% based upon the lack of support and general bad attitude I have received from this company.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #2

Sadly this has become the "expected" standard of quality and service in the RV industry. This is one reason I refuse to buy new and spend a year compleating the build and fixing junk the manufacturer ignores.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollf View Post
Sadly this has become the "expected" standard of quality and service in the RV industry. This is one reason I refuse to buy new and spend a year compleating the build and fixing junk the manufacturer ignores.

X 2 .
Old 06-12-2021, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobison161 View Post
I noticed a handful of screws just rolling around, several boards that had pilot screws in them but never actually installed, one broken board that was glued down, and another that was missing entirely.
Did you check another unit to see if something should have been there? The pilot hole could have been mistakenly drilled.

If those are your only issues; consider yourself lucky.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Switching brands or dealers won't guaranty a better experience. You'll find that you could've had the TT that came off the line right before yours or right after yours and you may have got a real lemon or a jewel.

Not agreeing with the CS end but if a couple screws laying around not installed are your only issues then you should by a lottery ticket. Count your lucky stars you don't have to take it back to the factory like I did for a window water leak, obnoxiously noisy slide floor, crooked slide and a bulge in the roof.
My dealer couldn't fix my issues so back to the factory it went.

Welcome to the world of RV ownership. As they say "When you buy an RV you're buying an RV kit and you get to take it home and finish it"
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #6

I think we get your point, but in the end you are talking about a few loose screws.
If that is your only complaint, you made out well and have a pretty solid unit.
Lantley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #7

Thanks, guess I just expected more but as I have read here they should come with ‘some assembly required’ and ‘as is’ on the fine print.

Tags
ags