Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
X2

No need to run the fridge going down the road. They stay plenty cold on one day trips.
Me, I gotta have ice for Happy Hour so I run the fridge.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #58

If you are worried about running a refrigerator while driving, why wouldn't you also be worried about it running while camped? Does it run differently?? Also, if you can drive 8 hrs. and have everything stay cold, do you also turn it off at night and restart it in the morning to save propane???

Please explain!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
Me, I gotta have ice for Happy Hour so I run the fridge.
The ice is still ice when you arrive
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranster View Post
If you are worried about running a refrigerator while driving, why wouldn't you also be worried about it running while camped? Does it run differently?? Also, if you can drive 8 hrs. and have everything stay cold, do you also turn it off at night and restart it in the morning to save propane???

Please explain!!!
Who is your question for? Helps to quote them or mention their name so they know.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Who is your question for? Helps to quote them or mention their name so they know.
Do you want me to quote each one, or just pick one or two? Not trying to be difficult, but there are numerous posters throughout who have said they won't drive with refrigerator on. Guess I was just trying to be generic in my questioning.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
I knew who your were referencing
Old 10-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #63

I think for some , the concern is in the event of an accident .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranster View Post
Do you want me to quote each one, or just pick one or two? Not trying to be difficult, but there are numerous posters throughout who have said they won't drive with refrigerator on. Guess I was just trying to be generic in my questioning.
Well, you posted just after me and I was wondering if you were talking to me. I never said anything about being worried about driving with the fridge on and was trying to figure out since you didn't quote anyone or mention a name if it was directed at me.

When I had my TT's I never towed with the fridge running. Not scared of anything with that, but there was no reason to run it while towing. The fridge stays plenty cold. With the MH I just leave the fridge off, but gas on.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
If I am not running the gen. for keeping the coach cool then I'll drive with the frig. on propane. I'll usually leave it set to auto. and it will take care of itself. Now I will say this I turn the frig. on the night before we load it while at outside level storage and at that point it's on propane. I go to work that next morning and it worries me some until I go by to pick it up, I want it cool when I bring it home and at that point it's on shore power. It is what it is.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
fridge, propane