Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #1

RV Parking/Spots: Box or Actual length??

When making reservations or trying to find spots at an RV park what length do I go buy. The trailer box, in my case 25RKS, I assume 25'? Or do I use the actual length of 29' which includes tongue?

Thanks,
Zac
Zac808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #2

Actual length...

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
When I had a TT I included the total length (mine was 29' also). It usually does not matter at that length. It can get to be important when you are over 35' or so. In any case you don't want to come up too long for your assigned space.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #4

I tell them I have a 35 ft TT. If I want to keep the truck connected I tell them that and the actual total length (55') then ask if they have a spot big enough to keep the truck connected.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #5

Here is my thoughts
Depends on the question and what it means.
My truck and trailer are north of 55 feet when connected.. Add a foot or so for the stinger
25 foot truck, Trailer Ball to Bumper is 30 feet
The model is 26 RLS
If you tell them the trailer is 26 feet and it is 30 feet you could end up with a campsite spot that is 4 feet short of having the bumpers out of the laneways. I don't like parking sideways to the trailer normally.
I always tell them trailer is 30 feet with a slide. Truck is 25 feet
Sometimes wish they where shorter sometimes wish they where longer
Depends on the question.
Entering a pay for use measured by length auto ferry trailer is 26 feet
Bragging to family the trailer is a 30 footer fully loaded luxury edition.

YMMV
Smiles
RRII
Old 06-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #6

I do research on google maps, campsitephotos.com, google images, etc. before I book a site. My trailer is at 35ft to including the tongue. I usually look to see what is close by and make my own decision. I have stayed at parks that show the site as 25ft long, done my research, and see that 40ft MH's are there. I have arrived at those sites and found I had 10+ft behind me. I have also had one park that said max 31ft and booked. Got there and only 4 open sites looked big enough for me - picked the double wide 20ft long site and parked diagonally. That place was the only site I have ever seen with wooden poles around every site and the roads. If I only went to the places that fit 35ft travel trailers, I would never use my trailer.
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:11 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It actually depends on the site.. One COE campground I often visit if you choose a straight back in site you need to put your trailer and tow vehicle both on site.. But if it's a pull through site (Wide spot in the road) you can forget the tong.. But then they use a very long yardstick there.

My 38 foot class A fits on a 24 foot site with room for TWO cars
Old 06-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #8

I have made resevations for or 26RL that measures a little over 30ft at sites that state 25 max (COE) and stated 25ft to make the reservation,always a pull thru, so far not burned yet. I try to say 30ft,unless 25 ft sites are all that's available, only lying by 1 foot ????
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote