Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #15

Basically it sounds like you're rolling the dice no matter who you deal with.
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Sounds about right music man.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Being new Good Sam members we received a special offer to be upgraded to Platinum coverage at no extra cost. I replied to the message enquiring if the plans are open to Canadians as they mention coverage in the US, but no specific mention of Canada. It's been a week now and no reply. Is this a sign of things to come? Can anyone comment on whether Good Sam or Coachnet roadside assistance programs are open to Canadians? Thanks.
randyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I've used our roadside assistance in the states with no problems at all.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks. Are you with Good Sam?
randyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
CoachNet; hands down. I've had to use them three time while traveling with the RV. They had assistance to me within an hour, they called me multiple times with updates while waiting and to see if help arrived yet. Even after the call when I told them the help had arrived, they called about an hour later to make sure we were safe and sound in a campground. I had my truck towed to a dealership once. When I called CoachNet they told me that since the truck was under warranty, that Ford generally provides the towing, but that they would get someone out to me and that they would get with Ford for reimbursement.

I'll never have anyone else.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyw View Post
Thanks. Are you with Good Sam?
If you are referring to me, yes I am with Good Sam until it runs out.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmmmm My experience with good sams so far is ehhhh... I had 2 svc calls. Good sams takes care of RV and regular cars. I only had calls on the cars not the rv... Not sure if it is my service level or what but they only tow to the nearest service facility even if the facility you want is 8 miles away. While this may be fine for the RV for an auto to me it is not.... YOU have to pay for extra miles so for the two calls I have paid 40.00 in mileage which is 1/2 my membership. I am looking for someone else next year. When I used to have AAA platinium they would tow up to 100 Miles with no sweat but that was for cars only I didnt have a RV back then to see what they did for those....
jlee815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #23

Coach-net can be reached at 877-801-0333. Not sure if they cover you while you're in Canada.

Good Luck!
floreska27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Have Coach-net. Problem with air bag in FL. they sent road svc out. Paid $95 and told to take it to a Roadmaster dlr as he could not fix. Lazy Days replaced a fuse and sprayed cleaner into connectors. Coach-net repaid the $95 spent.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We had a flat on our class A, I called GS and they would not send someone out, since we were not stuck on the side of the road, unless we agreed to buy a new tire. I said I didn't know what caused the flat and we might not need a new tire. (We were at home at the time and not on the roadside.)

So, I just called a local commercial tire company and paid them to come out, and take care of the problem.
Another time, our tow dolly had a flat. We called GS and they said it would be about a 2 hour wait. So, I said nevermind. I took the toad off of the tow dolly myself, replaced the flat tire, and put the car back on the tow dolly and we were back traveling down the road.
Now, our GS roadside service is due for renewal. Any thoughts? I am not sure that there is much of a benefit for it. Would it be better to just pay a company to come out and do what has to be done, if needed?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Pogo. The cost of roadside assistance is fairly cheap. I would keep it. The cost for a local shop to come out may be the same as a yearly membership. If you get lucky and your R/A comes out great if not call the other guy.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #27

You can probably add this to your car insurance for far less if they insure your RV also. I've never needed any, but carry it just in case. As you can see, you get both good and bad reviews on almost all of the popular RV roadside assistance programs.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We have Allied Insurance, (a division of Nationwide), for our motorhome. They have emergency roadside assistance in our insurance as part of the policy. So, we let GS expire.
By the way, Allied was quit a bit less expensive than any other RV insurance policy quote that we ever received. ($550. per year)
For, the cars, we have USAA emergency roadside assistance for about $2 per car per month.