Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 03:51 AM   #1

RV Water Hose

Hello All

Going to replace our RV water hose since i rigged up a new filtration system. Looking for something that doed not kink like crazy ( like the one we have ) and stay more flexible at colder temps. Not need for a heated hose. Any recommendations !!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #2

What ever you purchase make sure it's a "Non Toxic" water drinking hose. Any old garden hose from Lowes or Home Depot will work but could be harmful.

A company called "Neverkink" offers a kink less hose
https://www.amazon.com/Apex-NeverKin...ink+water+hose
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #3

I have tried several hoses in the cold winter snow skiing camping trips only to be disappointed time and time again. Then I tried the Legacy hose and I have been so pleased I have several. Here is a picture of a hose that was labled "never Kink" and the hose I currently use. Picture was taken right after I attempted to "roll the hose" up for storage after using it to fill the tank in 25 degree temperatures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160126_093733.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	403.9 KB
ID:	196335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Legacy HSFRV425 1.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	196336  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:06 AM   #4

Here is a water hose I want to try next. With the color, it would really stand out in the snow! I have a Flexzilla compressed air hose I love and use all the time.
Garden | Hose | All Weather | No Kink | Lightweight | Flexzilla
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flexzilla Garden hose.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	196338  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #5

I love my flexilla wayer hose at home. It does kink if you straighten it out without getting rid of the twist from coiling.
It is temporary and all good again if you undo the twist.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #6

I love my Zero G water hose, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Zero-G-5-8-...Hose/999972996, and Lowes has 50' on sale now. It is very light, drinking water safe, easy to store, and works for me when camping in high 20s over night temps. The good thing about buying at Lowes if it leaks you just take it in and exchange. I have had no problems with one I bought for my rv but I did buy 4 to go around my house and one leaked. Lowes replaced no questions asked.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #7

Thanks Bigd9

That's just what i wanted to know ! Ordered today !!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #8

IMHO those never kink hoses from Amazon are junk, I had one for my brewing rig and it barely lasted one summer. It definitely kinks and the fittings started leaking almost immediately between the hose and the fitting. Tried two before getting something different. Keep in mind this was occasional weekend brewing and not hooked up constantly for a few days or longer.
jayrodoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #9

LOL, I have plenty of the kinking hoses, always on the hunt for a suitable non kinking. Tried the zero G, thought i had a winner there. 50 ft that fits in a pail. it failed under pressure at 3 weeks, was not a high pressure situation and if you check the box there is no rating.
Just picked up the flex hose from home hardware, we' see.
Ideally I would love to find a lay flat that is non toxic, roll it up and throw it in the pail.
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #10

BTW, I MUCH prefer the "Flex Grip" or "Swivel Grip Handle"ends verses the regular hose couplings. They are soooo nice.

Note: these hoses do have a down side. They have a rough or porous outside texture and feel to them. As such, they seem to attract dirt and or skin oils and will form black spots. I simply place mine in a bucket with a mild bleach solution. That sanitizes the inside as well as the outside.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTraveler View Post
I love my Zero G water hose, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Zero-G-5-8-...Hose/999972996, and Lowes has 50' on sale now. It is very light, drinking water safe, easy to store, and works for me when camping in high 20s over night temps. The good thing about buying at Lowes if it leaks you just take it in and exchange. I have had no problems with one I bought for my rv but I did buy 4 to go around my house and one leaked. Lowes replaced no questions asked.
X2 for the Zero g hose I have no idea how long it will last, but it really does not kink. It stays flexible in sub freezing weather, and Instead of winding it up, I just dump it into a plastic tub.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTraveler View Post
Thanks for the heads up about the sale. I have a 50 ft section and have been impressed. I needed another 50 ft. Great hose. I've had it for about a year and it has held up well. It's much easier to roll up than a traditional hose.
skiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Here is a water hose I want to try next. With the color, it would really stand out in the snow! I have a Flexzilla compressed air hose I love and use all the time.
Garden | Hose | All Weather | No Kink | Lightweight | Flexzilla
I have this "exact hose" and have used it in Michigan for about 5 years...absolutely love it...works awesome. I have the 100 foot length and absolutely no problems with it.

I just bought the same brand of "air hose" and that works great too...you won't be disappointed in either one. The hoses lay absolutely flat and have no memory which makes them very easy to wind up/roll up in any temperature.

Also really like to Green Color, easy to see and not be trippin' all over the place...buy it, you'll like it toooooooooooooo!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
BTW, I MUCH prefer the "Flex Grip" or "Swivel Grip Handle"ends verses the regular hose couplings. They are soooo nice.

Note: these hoses do have a down side. They have a rough or porous outside texture and feel to them. As such, they seem to attract dirt and or skin oils and will form black spots. I simply place mine in a bucket with a mild bleach solution. That sanitizes the inside as well as the outside.
Just a suggestion on BLEACH CLEANING SOLUTIONS...

The most effective Bleach Cleaning/Disinfecting Solution is a combination of; 9 parts Water & 1 part Bleach for a total of 10 parts.

This is actually stronger than straight Bleach or a higher concentration of Bleach to Water. Just make sure the hose, or anything else, is rinsed well with Clean Water!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water