Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #1

Smaller TT with Washer/Dryer Hookup & Solar Potential?

Hi all, I'm in the research phase of my long-term quest to go tiny, starting with living in an RV full time (time split between boondocking and rv parks). I'm still debating between a TT and a Class C, but leaning towards a TT and a truck.

There are a few features that I'm looking for that are definitely hard to come by: washer/dryer hookups, full-sized queen bed, and potential for solar, but in a TT that is only about 30' (I'll be solo with 2 dogs, and am hesitant to try and pull anything longer than that.)

From my research it seems like to get these features, specifically the w/d, I'll need to get a bigger TT, or even a fifth-wheel. But I'm hoping I'm just not looking hard enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for models that might work for me?
jillhope7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #2

Here is a medium sized travel trailer with a W/D hookup. Forest River Flagstaff 29BRS.

Rockwood makes a twin trailer but I do not know the model.

This travel trailer is on my short list. I have a F-250 so I think i can tow it ok. It might be a bit much for a 150/1500 series truck.

If you do not have a tow vehicle yet you would need a muscular 150/1500 series truck like the F-150 with the HDPP package or the Nissan Titan XD. The 2020 Nissan XD has all the safety options as standard.

https://youtu.be/P0MX_z1qNIk
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #3

CrossRoads has 27 foot and 30 foot trailers with W/D hookups.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #4

If you are starting from scratch what kinda truck/van/suv are you thinking of getting?
I ask because they are changing all the time. I really like the refreshed 2020/21 Nissan Titan XD as a tow vehicle. Retuned and improved driving dynamics plus all the safety features standard across all trim levels. The refreshed 2021 F-150 will also be availibale in a few months.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #5

Not for the faint of heart, but with the right starting floor plan, those things can be added. Love my 202rd, but the A/C is very noisy, and the bathroom is very tight. Built a new plenum for the A/C, lowered the sound level by 35 db. Ripped out the tub with a very high entrance, tiled in a shower with a low entrance, Bow shower curtain rod, no longer having to fight with the shower curtain to take a shower. Removed the factory sink cabinet, and replaced with a pedestal sink. Now when sitting on the toilet, your not wedged in between the door and the sink cabinet.
hillbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #6

Before and after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3243.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	296313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3245.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	296314  

Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #7

Hillbilly - great job. I like it a lot better than the factory stuff. Looks much more residential.

Again
Old 08-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #8

So far, the shower has held up well, two 300 mile trips, and one 600 mile trip with no cracking or leaks. Used super adhesive caulk on the no grout wall tile, gives some flex to it. I put a steel strip along the bottom with magnets in the shower curtain to hold it inside the base. Had to do away with the outside shower though, thats why the factory put the tub up so high. Never used the outside shower anyway.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #9

Wow, @tuffr2 thank for you pointing me in the direction of the Flagstaff model. That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
Old 08-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
If you are starting from scratch what kinda truck/van/suv are you thinking of getting?
I ask because they are changing all the time. I really like the refreshed 2020/21 Nissan Titan XD as a tow vehicle. Retuned and improved driving dynamics plus all the safety features standard across all trim levels. The refreshed 2021 F-150 will also be availibale in a few months.
@Tuffr2 I am starting from scratch. If I had a small car that could be towed, I would go the Class C route, but I have a Prius and they are un-towable. So I'll be getting a pickup and a trailer. I went to check out a 31" Class C today (Thor Four Winds) just to be sure I wanted to go the TT route, and I absolutely do. All of the TT I've seen just feel so much more spacious. I love the Forest River Flagstaff model that you shared above, and I also really like the Crossroads Cruiser Aire CR 27RBS (Thanks Deep_Water_D for that suggestion!)

I figure I can get financing on both the truck and the trailer for about $1k/month, which is way less than I'm paying in rent and way way less than I'm paying if you add in my car payment. Don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until June (when my lease expires.) Although availability is so limited right now I probably don't have much of a choice!
Old 08-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly3 View Post
Before and after pictures.
That looks great! I plan on doing some remodels to mine, but I'll probably start with the easier things like swapping out the couch and painting the cabinets

Tags
solar