Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #1

So I am a camper now...not so Minnie Winnie is home

After a hundred hours or more of looking at a laptop at a half dozen or more sites I was about to give up...wife said I was about to get fired as chief RV finder...I said...Lord I cant do this all alone I am tired of looking make this easy for me...so one more time I placed all of our criteria into the search engine and hit enter....I nearly spit out my iced tea...what is this...the exact rv we have been looking for...JUST LISTED...and that price...WHOA...dial phone...can we see it...yes...tomorrow (this past Saturday) OK...1 and a 1/2 hours away...OH...we are the first call...OK...be there at 11AM...drive there...been slept in 7-8 times, never smoked in, not ever a pet in it, never cooked in, never pooped in...pristine 2017 Minnie Winnie 2500FL, still smells new...stored indoors...too good to be true right...I ask if they will accept X and immediately I say I already know the answer so why dont we split the difference and agree on $15K, OK, bump elbows (covid handshake) arrive today with cashiers check. Hook up and drive home in my brand new tow vehicle 2019 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Big Horn 5.7 3:92...used a Curt ECHO blue tooth brake controller (BIG THUMBS UP) and it was a breeze driving home...sitting in the driveway waiting for my Champion 3500 Inverter Remote Start to arrive on Wednesday, sorting thru the near pick up bed off free goodies he threw in that are all NEW...We serve an awesome GOD...

Planning our first trip weekend after next to visit one of Florida's Blue Springs for a long weekend, then come home, pack and a second week in August heading for Northern Idaho...for 3 weeks.
Capt Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #2

Congratulations.
Jack Klompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wiscampsin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Funny how you know when it's the right one...
Sounds like a gem, enjoy!
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #5

Congratulations on a great deal! We had a 2014 Minnie 2201DS and it was a really nice trailer. It never gave us any problems in the four years we owned it. If you have any questions that I may be able to answer, just send me a PM. I also did some mods that worked out well.

1. The framing of the dinette seats made it possible for me to cut an opening on each end and make doors to make the storage area much easier to access.
2. I added pipe insulation to as many of the water lines as I could get to to help with early spring/late fall camping and traveling to FL in the winter.
3. The Vista shade screen for the awning is a great way to block the sun.
4. On my Minnie, the AC could be a bit noisy. If I had kept it, I would have looked at one of WackO Products AC silencers.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/WackO...it-p/da100.htm

Enjoy and many great trips!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #6

Bought the silencer...on the way...thanks
Old 07-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #7

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

Click on the *2017 - -Minnie* just below the word RESULTS on the LH side of the screen in the link. Sorry, cannot figure out how to give you a direct link. This is the original brochure. It will download the PDF which you will then have to open to view it.

https://www.winnebago.com/brochure-a...el=Minnie#5326

Lots of water capacity and waste capacity on this one, thats good.

Having just blown a 2 year old Hercules ST2 tire that is way more capacity than the trailer needs, I am gun shy of tires if they are not Goodyear Endurance made in USA tires. Check your tires, seriously consider changing them if they are not Goodyear Endurance or possibly Carlisle Radial Trail HD (about the only china tire that is any good at all). Up the load range from the original C to D (probably all you can get anyhow). I was lucky, mud flap torn off, some paint damage from flailing wires in the tire carcass. It wasn't pretty, only about ten miles from home heading out on a trip. Had to get another tire before continuing on, wasn't about to run without a spare at that point.

Did you get a weight distributing/sway control hitch in the deal, or do you have one? If so, what did you get?

Charles
Old 07-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #8

I got a Reese Load Distributing hitch rated to 10K, it was mounted onto a 2018 F150 so I measured the receiver height and it was withing an inch of mine so I tried using the height settings he had and worked like a charm. No adjustments necessary. Worked like a charm. Towed so much nicer than anything I had ever towed (boats, big ones) LOL...took it to Kolomoki Indian Mounds State Park this weekend to break the ice. Everything worked like new. AC will get the interior cold enough to hang meat... Park water pressure lacked a little so showers dribbled...hot water like a champ...took a shower did not run out of hot water. Dumped BLK/GRY tanks after I filled them with 2/3 water and POOED in it the first time LOL...added some Dawn to both tanks and sloshed them around good with the brakes on the way to the dump station. all valves worked great, dumped nicely. Flushed BLK for a few before I dumped GRY and then flushed dump hose and stored away.

All in all great weekend. Deciding now on next trip, maybe NoGa Mountains or over to Western Va to look at a piece of Property we found. Then off WEST...way west this late August early September to Idaho/Utah/Four Corners for at least a month...maybe more. We both can work from the road. All we need is reliable cell coverage for hot spots or good wifi in a camp ground.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #9

Grats on the find! I had my sights lined up on a 2017 Tracer Air 215.
Turns out it had a busted frame. (I'll never purchase anything from Prime Time now) HUGE kick to the guts on that one.

Kinda trigger shy now!! And hesitant on anything we find.
But we've changed directions and are now looking for a Fun Finder 210UDS.
There are a few out there, but too far away to consider.

Again, grats on the find! We are still looking.
Mogal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper