Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm-n-Mary View Post
Matrix, your previous email on...
....I also added an Odroid c1+ to my TV as we never watch regular TV channels....

I'm not a computer geek, but are you saying with this device you can save TV shows from your laptop to the microSD card and watch them on the RV tv? Whoa! I need to know more. Can you enlighten me?

Thxs Norn&Mary
It can be done on many devices. I've been doing it for years. Just a matter of doing some downloading.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Not pretty but... oops forgot the pics.
Did this for all openings where bugs could get in.

So doing this. What glue did you use to hold down the screen and how in the hell did you get he cover off. I can't figure out those rectangle fasteners.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
So doing this. What glue did you use to hold down the screen and how in the hell did you get he cover off. I can't figure out those rectangle fasteners.
Just put a quarter in and turn 90°. That's it. Comes off easy.

I hot glued it. Made sure there was lots to keep it in place. I did every open orifice I could find. Looks really professional from the outside.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm-n-Mary View Post
Matrix, your previous email on...
....I also added an Odroid c1+ to my TV as we never watch regular TV channels....

I'm not a computer geek, but are you saying with this device you can save TV shows from your laptop to the microSD card and watch them on the RV tv? Whoa! I need to know more. Can you enlighten me?

Thxs Norn&Mary
Yes. That's EXACTLY IT. What I love about the C1+ is that is much more powerful than a Raspberry Pi2. It runs Android and KODI flawlessly.
This allows you to stream video if you are ever at a site with wifi location for FREE, and also it connects to my media server wirelessly where I have over 1000 movies and shows that I cab watch. It's one of the best investments I made this year. I bought 7 of them for each of my TV'S. I also have one C2 which runs 4K video to my cinema room.

If you just want to keep things simple, you just get a Odroid C1+ (if you are not a geek just get an Android box running KODI ) and just save all your movies and shows to a MicroSd or USB stick or HUGE hard drive and hey presto, you have shows and movies with you when ever you want. It's an Apple TV KILLER!

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need further clarifying.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #47

Nice. Great Job
Mr_AISARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:18 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Just put a quarter in and turn 90°. That's it. Comes off easy.

I hot glued it. Made sure there was lots to keep it in place. I did every open orifice I could find. Looks really professional from the outside.

I would feel much better about finding a high temp adhesive especially around the hot water tank and fridge, though. I am going to order the Camco screens for the furnace as I don't want to mess with pulling that cover off and re-sealing. Otherwise thanks for the idea!
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #49

Starbreker

The most important thing is you get insect covers for you furnace intake and exhaust ports , here in the south, Mud Dappers will certainly build nest in there if you don't, they a cheap, from Camco. As far as the water heater and frig. panel, just some black Aluminum screen behind the panel is fine, there is no high heat there !!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #50

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yes. That's EXACTLY IT. What I love about the C1+ is that is much more powerful than a Raspberry Pi2. It runs Android and KODI flawlessly.
This allows you to stream video if you are ever at a site with wifi location for FREE, and also it connects to my media server wirelessly where I have over 1000 movies and shows that I cab watch. It's one of the best investments I made this year. I bought 7 of them for each of my TV'S. I also have one C2 which runs 4K video to my cinema room.

If you just want to keep things simple, you just get a Odroid C1+ (if you are not a geek just get an Android box running KODI ) and just save all your movies and shows to a MicroSd or USB stick or HUGE hard drive and hey presto, you have shows and movies with you when ever you want. It's an Apple TV KILLER!

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need further clarifying.
wow, great info. i'm googling now to research it myself. thanks for info!
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #51

Wow this thread has a lot going on. For tv, you can also get an hdmi adaptor and plug any phone or tablet directly into tv. Did you say hot glue as in hot glue gun? That stuff doesn't bond - it separates very easily so be careful your parts don't fall off.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Wow this thread has a lot going on. For tv, you can also get an hdmi adaptor and plug any phone or tablet directly into tv. Did you say hot glue as in hot glue gun? That stuff doesn't bond - it separates very easily so be careful your parts don't fall off.
Good to know. I only put in hot glue where there wasn't any heat build up and used compression/friction at the vent for furnace which gets tremondously hot.

I am worried about the fridge vent but I just can't see how it would get that hot as its venting to flimsy plastic .. which is what I glued it too. But I am a total newb to this. And I goof up every now and then.

For the TV .. if you plug in a phone/laptop it will work too BUT you need a controller. With the C1+ you can use your existing TV remote (if it is CEC compatible.. 99% of all new LCD/LED TVs are) and it's just like running a TV with no wires to trip over etc.

However, if people aren't techy minded I urge them to just buy an Android box pre assembled and ready to go out of the box. The C1+ needs some work but it's like Lego to me.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Wow this thread has a lot going on. For tv, you can also get an hdmi adaptor and plug any phone or tablet directly into tv.
That's probably the easiest method for getting some shows in your trailer. You don't need a remote. Just push play. Super simple.

For home use most people already have a device capable of playing back video. I use roku's, computer, chromecasts, xbox's, nvidia shield tv, smart tvs, fire tv, etc. the list goes on and on.
For getting content most people are downloading it. I prefer to rip and process my own blurays and could certainly give you advice on that. Download TV shows the manual way(I try to avoid torrents and instead use newsgroups, it's safer and faster) or you can use a program called sonarr. It automatically downloads shows as they air. I use plex on all my devices and it makes it dead simple to get your content both inside and outside the home and look beautiful doing it. Coupled with sonarr and you have a very DVR like setup.
You can also use couchpotato for automatic movie downloading.
And even all that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
That's probably the easiest method for getting some shows in your trailer. You don't need a remote. Just push play. Super simple.

For home use most people already have a device capable of playing back video. I use roku's, computer, chromecasts, xbox's, nvidia shield tv, smart tvs, fire tv, etc. the list goes on and on.
For getting content most people are downloading it. I prefer to rip and process my own blurays and could certainly give you advice on that. Download TV shows the manual way(I try to avoid torrents and instead use newsgroups, it's safer and faster) or you can use a program called sonarr. It automatically downloads shows as they air. I use plex on all my devices and it makes it dead simple to get your content both inside and outside the home and look beautiful doing it. Coupled with sonarr and you have a very DVR like setup.
You can also use couchpotato for automatic movie downloading.
And even all that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Perfectly said!
Old 05-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Starbreker

The most important thing is you get insect covers for you furnace intake and exhaust ports , here in the south, Mud Dappers will certainly build nest in there if you don't, they a cheap, from Camco. As far as the water heater and frig. panel, just some black Aluminum screen behind the panel is fine, there is no high heat there !!!!
Newb question.. where exactly is the furnace intake ?? Lol inside? Outside? TOP? Thanks so much
Old 05-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am worried about the fridge vent ...
Don't be. Heat rises. The worst that could happen is the sun would heat it up some.

Tags
upgrade