Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #15

+1 for x-chocks. I got some for our new TT and they are a big help.
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #16

If the spacing between your tires is between 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 or 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 inches the Camco Wheel Stop will help with the wiggle. Helped mine. Larger spacing will require the X-Chock.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #17

As well put by others, it's a trailer, not a cottage. You are never going to eliminate movement.
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #18

I prefer the ONEstep Fastway chock, much quicker and easier to use the the x-chock IMO.
Nut4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPr View Post
It would be almost impossible to remove all the movement from my TT. I would have to set it on blocks.

Four stabilizers that if cranked to tight flex the frame and four tires on a 25 ft frame just have a certain amount of flexibility.

We pull in, level the TT, then snug the stabilizers. It is a trailer not a cottage.
Amen!
AKA...Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #20

All very good suggestions on here. I do all of them. A little overboard maybe but it's for the misses. She gets car sick easily and laying in our bed while the kids are moving around on the other end of the trailer doesn't work. So I use x-chocks, steadyfast stabilizers, stair supports, and slide-out supports. Also use 4x4s to chock under the scissor jack's. Put 2 in a "V" shape under each jack, helps with the stability. Note on x-chocks, I used to have the yellow plastic ones and they work, the metal x chocks can get much tighter and do a better job. All said and done, my wife can now sleep without getting "camper sick" haha. Ours is a Keystone Laredo 303TG.
Yamatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #21

When I had a 33' Keystone TT I re-mounted my jacks about 18" inboard of where they were and mounted another set of jacks in the center of the trailer. I have a high regard for the Steady Fast struts. Metal X chocks but tightened snug, I have heard of folks really cranking those down and ruining a tire. I use 12" X 16" X 3.5" blocks under the jacks. I don't like slide jacks. The above took out 90% of the wallowing around stuff.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:32 PM   #22

Steady Fast; clean, easy and really works. X-chocks too. If we set up for a bit I use support under the slide out and the stairs and this four ton (loaded) Arctic Fox 25Y doesn’t seem to move around at all!
juan grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #23

Are yours jacks or an electric stabilizer?......I added a second electic one just ahead of the front axle, use X-Chocks, and JT Strongarms on the front that go front to back and across....4 bars total.......have seen where the strongarms can also be used on the rear with the electric type.......and I have Torkflex steps that have ground contact feet
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan grande View Post
Steady Fast; clean, easy and really works. X-chocks too. If we set up for a bit I use support under the slide out and the stairs and this four ton (loaded) Arctic Fox 25Y doesn’t seem to move around at all!
Hope you never have a tire go down.......
Old 05-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #25

I see those slide jacks all the time. I'd be leery about putting them on anything except maybe a permanent parked rig. I know many times if i'm staying a place my rig can and does settle a bit.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #26

If using X chock then after the tires cool down re-tighten them again. BTDT. They will loosen up as the tires cool off.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Hope you never have a tire go down.......

I don’t think so cause I take all that stuff off when we’re rolling
juan grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #28

I would hope so.....when you're sit'n still with the slide support in use...is what I was referring to..