Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #1

Temperature difference

There is a big temperature difference between living area and storage areas of my TT causing condensation to form under sink and drip unto shelf. I temporarily stopped it by placing a small fan and leaving door open but having to move fan every time I want to grab something from fridge or under sink. Anyone has a simpler solution? I know TT is basically a bread box with minimum insulation but I can see it staying damp under there and possibly causing mold issues.
DHeffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
year/make/model?
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
year/make/model?

Sorry I'm new to all this.
A 2016 WildWood X-Lite 185RB
Old 06-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #4

I can't speak to the condensation issue . Have you just tried leaving the doors cracked all the time to avoid the temp differences? Does this happen all the time or at AC startup? Do you know if warm moist air is leaking into this area?

I can help with your signature, though. If you go to your user profile you can add this information and it will show up on you messages each time. That is a huge help to others in helping you out.

Good luck. Be sure to follow up with what fixes your issue do others can learn from your experiences.
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #5

Agree on the warm moist air coming in under there. Temp mismatch to the point of condensation doesn't sound right. Winter will be much worse.

Did u check to ensure all plumbing entrances exits are sealed? If your bath is along the same wall check there too.
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
yeah I think i would start with how the air is entering the cabinet space. It's gotta be getting in there from somewhere.... it's ok to seal hole, srapy foam, caulk whatever it takes.

Of course the forest river website is naturally lacking pictures of the model so we can get a grip on where the storage is and how its door is configured. I'll try to find a video walk through.

I wonder if you put a fan in the storage if you could then feel air flow under the cabinet and track down how it's getting in.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The kitchen is over the tall door located here?

https://youtu.be/4DgPazmiroA?t=22s
Old 06-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Plasma800 you are too good! The AC unit pours cold air over the sink faucets if directed that way. Can the air flow be directed away from the sink? Also look for outside air incursion under the sink. If you find some. Plug them with expanding foam. In fact, go over the trailer and plug holes like where water lines or electrical stuff go from point A to B. Allot of RVs have electrical stuff under dinette seats. This helps keep critters out.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #9

The Ac is directly across from sink but it's condensation sort like on the outside of a cold can of soda. I'm going to leave doors open until i can possibly cut out and place vents in doors.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #10

If your camper has vents you may want to close the cold air dump and divert the cold air flow from the sink. That would solve your problem without any holes.
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote