Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 AM   #15
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
And this years Darwin award goes to .......
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 06:52 AM   #16

....makes for a good picture and a lot of conversation -- on this forum anyway. Good news is it doesn't look like the owner has made provisions to connect the safety chains or trailer lights, so I am going to go with this being a temporary situation. But it would be interesting to see this "rig" on a slippery boat ramp. "Watch this!"
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #17

I'm concerned that the wheelbase of his TV is too short for the length of trailer... (someone was bound to say it)
DarylW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking at that for the 2nd time.. I think that extra long extension is for backing the trailer into the lake/river off the boat launch. That way the car stays well clear of the water line.. IT would ONLY be used at the boat launch, not on the road so the RMP of the sissy wheel would not be that high.. But of course that does not mean the driver does not tow it way too fast down the highway. Only that it's not meant for towing just backing up.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #19

The caster wheel also supports the tongue weight so the traction stays on the car.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #20

All the people who say this is do stupid , actually are making a stupid comment because your commenting on something you know nothing about .
It’s not uncommon to see these in marinas .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #21

Unless you have owned a SMARTY, you’ll not understand.
winyan7 is offline   Reply With Quote