Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #15

There is a boat and Kubota tractor in the pole barn.

The tires will need to be changed to Goodyear Endurance tires soon.

No comment on how level the trailer is?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #16

We spend 5 nights in a Blizzard over Thanksgiving in Nebraska in out ORV 21RBS........... just sayin.....[emoji3][emoji884]
ColoNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your trailer is in good company!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8E38EB3B-DC7F-4557-8C22-E914985E0849.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	268831  
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Those big 5th wheels are hard to heat. Lots of space to heat up. The coldest night I spent in a 5th wheel was 19 degrees. Had electric blanket and slept in a hoodie.

You ever stay in the Bighorn in the snow? If so, how was it
19 degrees inside or outside the TT?
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #19

19 degrees outside and chilly inside.

This was in Central Florida when they spay the strawberries with water.

We hit 19 on back to back nights. In Florida with it is clear we get cold nights but by 9:00am it is above freezing because even in winter the sun packs heat.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I camped in the snow once in this area. I spent 85% of my energy trying to stay warm. The furnace would run 75% of time. Anyone that lives in an RV in the north, and people do they have my admiration.

I lasted 5 days as I visited friends. I would like to buy a much better insulated trailer so I could visit at Christmas. But so far I am thinking there is no way to stay warm in 15 degree weather in any trailer. Not even an Artic Fox or Lance.

FYI - that picture was taken today.

But there is.... I have done it in a poorly insulated trailer with a slide. Original furnace set at 63 deg plus a Wave 6. I did burn through a lot of propane.
USAMTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #21

If you have the right rig cold heat etc is nothing. My rig dont even blink at single digits. It impressed me first winter in it. This is the second. id be surprised if my furnaces and it has 2....if they run 40% of the time. No electric heat all gas. Heated underbelly is huge and its warm too.

Glad i bought it. which in fact was my goal. Buy a rig to where the weather dont matter. Nice going where ever travels take me and the weather conditions arent even in train of thoughts.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:02 PM   #22

Your rig is not easy to find. Peterson Industies did not build very many of those great trailers.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #23

winter camping

Hi, new hear. I spent the winter in my forest river 26bh grey wolf. I wanted to see if I liked living in a camper full time before retiring. I never had a problem. North east PA. it will get cold, not below o often. I skirted it and heat tape on the water hose, and pipe insulation. covered with retroflex around where it went into camper and did retroflex over dump valves. solid piped sewer. I put/velcrowed retroflex on the outside windows at night and took off I daytime.
Campground included electric, so no electric hot water or electric heaters. I got a 15,000 btu blue flame heater, and they have 10 spots and drop 10 100 gallon propane tanks for one to use. I never went through the 100 gallons, and was never cold. Coldest it got on lowest setting was 65, on #1 setting 2 got me to 75. The thing to keep in mind is one needs a apartment dehumidifier. ( that was ok, but not the electric heat???) I cut a shut off into the fridge line. I chose to have no slides, so that helps. I never had a problem or wasn't happy to be in my camper. It can be done with any camper. The blue flame heater is quiet and needs no power, and is 99.9 efficient. My camper furnace has never been used.
Now I follow the temp gauge, warm in winter, cooler in summer.
travelorer99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer