Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #1

Question Three purchase options. Any suggestions/experience?

We have narrowed our search down to three trailers, but there can be only one.
2015 Outdoor Rv Creekside 26 RLS
2015 Keystone Bullet 285 RLS
2010 Outdoor Rv Wind River 250 RLS
Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Not thrilled about buying something brand new and losing a bunch of value, but after the rot issue of or order trailer I'm gun shy about anything used. Plus there are better terms on a new one. Is it better to go used or brand new? Any comments appreciated.
Shannon
Yurok Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I have no experience with Outdoor RVs. I have some experience with Keystone, and an unhandy friend owns one. I would not buy a Keystone RV based on his experiences, and mine having had to help him... I have read a lot of good things about Outdoor RVs and wish there was a dealer closer to me than Utah...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #3

Hi. No experience with either other then we purchased in late 2012 we had liked the Keystone Bullet but then saw a Jayco Whitehawk and that's what we took home. Not familiar with Outdoor RV but know others that have good luck with Keystone. If you haven't already take a look at the Jayco's.
Matt1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #4

Outdoor RV is owned by Ron Nash of Arctic Fox and Nash fame. These new lines carry on the tradition of Northwood Manufacturing. I have friends including a younger brother who were impressed by Keystones low prices. I told all of them that you get what you pay for but they ignored me. The repairs they have had to perform have them looking at Northwood for their next trailer. Some issues, broken particle board bed frames, leaking slide outs, cracked shower pans, shoddy cabinets, plumbing and electrical issues and various minor concerns.
I would personally stay away from Keystone but I'm sure there are many owners who love them.
Good luck in your search!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
We have a 2013 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES that we ordered in July 2012 and took possession around the 10th of August same year. Very disappointed in quality. MSRP over 45,000 and bedroom and bathroom doors and framing made of the paper covered crap wood. The 2006 we traded in was of much higher quality. We are having more issues and I just put down a deposit to trade for an Outdoors RV 2015 Blackstone 280RKSB. I searched for almost two months on the internet looking for the highest quality trailers and this is one of the very best.

Like was mentioned before, I would definitely stay away from the Keystone product as I feel they have cut corners on quality. I look for their demise. JMHO
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #6

Rot can happen to ANY unit. Foretravel's, Keystone's, and in between. It's up to you to keep it from happening.
That being said, if you know what to look for, you can get plenty of good used units.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #7

So far we are very happy with the Keystone Bullet. We spent 4 months in it this winter and are pleased with the way it is put together. No problems so far. John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #8

We bought a used 2012 keystone hideout last year. The build quality is good, the subsystems are top drawer compared to the 3 other starcraft and coleman trailers we have owned. We would buy again if the features and price point matched up.
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #9

I have a 2013 Keystone Vantage trailer that I like. No problems yet.

The Artic Fox and Nash are known for high quality well insulated units.

I would buy the Outdoor RV if they were sold in my area of the country.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurok Chick View Post
We have narrowed our search down to three trailers, but there can be only one.
2015 Outdoor Rv Creekside 26 RLS
2015 Keystone Bullet 285 RLS
2010 Outdoor Rv Wind River 250 RLS
Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Not thrilled about buying something brand new and losing a bunch of value, but after the rot issue of or order trailer I'm gun shy about anything used. Plus there are better terms on a new one. Is it better to go used or brand new? Any comments appreciated.
Shannon
YC
Given where you live, would suggest you organize yourself a day trip to the Outdoors RV plant in Oregon, and look at how the 2015 Creeksides are built. We chose the lesser line last year, and we find our Black Rock 19B to be very well built. Only time will tell all of the truth, but we are very impressed with what we've seen of Outdoors RV products. The 2015 Creeksides will have the 2 inch aluminum frame, which I think in now second-generation design/assembly. Take your time and do your research - you'll either be living with your choice a long time, or searching again in a couple of years!

Happy choosing,
Nick B
2008 GMC Sierra 4.8L, Black Rock 19B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #11

We took delivery of 2014 Cougar x-lite 28RLS in October of 2013 .
31 FT 6480 Dry weight (great floor plan)
This is a quality built unit with lots of storage space .
Camped 48 days in it so far with 0 issues .
Just find the floor plan you like & go with it .
I would not hesitate to purchase another Keystone product .
MJD
RAM2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #12

Well we purchased the Creekside yesterday and feel pretty confident about that choice. The only attachment I had to the Wind River was a table w/chairs v. The Creekside having a booth. But it looks like that's a modification that can be done. DH will probably regret me finding that forum. Apparently we receive a complimentary one year membership to Thousand Trails program. I'm pretty skeptical about anything like that being free. Now to clear the schedule so we can go camping! Thanks so much for everyone's input.
Yurok Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #13

[QUOTE=Yurok Chick;2113745]Well we purchased the Creekside yesterday and feel pretty confident about that choice. The only attachment I had to the Wind River was a table w/chairs v. The Creekside having a booth. But it looks like that's a modification that can be done. DH will probably regret me finding that forum. Apparently we receive a complimentary one year membership to Thousand Trails program. I'm pretty skeptical about anything like that being free. Now to clear the schedule so we can go camping! Thanks so much for everyone's input.[/QUOTE

congrats on your new Creekside
I have heard nothing but good things about them .
Wish we had a dealer closer to our home .
We are extremely happy with our Cougar though.
HAPPY Camping
RAM2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to Biken201
Congratulations! I would have gone with the Outdoors RV product also. We recently purchased an Arctic Fox, but Outdoor was the other product we considered. We went with the AF because a local dealer had the one we were looking at on his lot and made us a deal we couldn't refuse. Post pics when you can!

- 2011 Ram 3500 DRW
- 2014 Arctic Fox 31D

Tags
purchase