Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #29

I've had good luck with Carlisle on other trailers so I put a set on my 28' travel trailer last year. 81 mph. good looking tires. went up a load range for extra piece of mind.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2021, 10:27 PM   #30

1000 miles in

So made a few weekend trips, 100 to 250 miles each so far. My new Carlisle tires handled great at 65 cold PSI, reading as high as 72PSI on myTyMate TPMS at 100 degrees F traveling back and forth to PA. Our highest MPH was 70 on rte 287 in NJ.

Good tires and I have no issue reccommending them.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdx camper View Post
bought 2 of the same exact carlisle radials the op got on monday.
St205-75-r14 from amazon
Came home to tires on the porch....One of them looks like a nice tire Made 5020 so fresh enough. The other was a tractor tire
Straight grooves no cross tread pattern front tire for a tractor! Now i have to send the wrong tire back and wait till monday to get my other new tire. The correct one mounted up easy enough. The new ones have 100 lbs more weight rating than the kr35 karriers, curiously the kr35s were c rated and the carlisle are D. The kr35s were manufactured in 2017 but one of them has a consistent leak which was real annoying on a 2700 mile trip last summer. As for the spare it looks like it has possible belt separation.
I decided to get 2 new tires for $156 total including new valve stems and ditch 2 of 3 of the kr35s. Which were manufactured 3017. The kr35s are chinese. But so are the carlisles if i can get 4-5 seasons out of the carlisles i will be happy for $156.
I am keeping the one good kr35 as a spare. I will probably replace it spring 2022.
7/5/21
Just ran about 200 miles over the last few days tires look good, they kept pressure, they track well, no noises, no bubbles, if they are available next spring i will purchase one more for the spare. I swapped the two I purchased a few months back in my driveway with just pry bars and swearing it worked out fine.
Pdx camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:08 PM   #32

Just changed the Trailer King tires out for five Goodyear Endurance 225/70 R15 LRE tires. The local Goodyear dealer buys them in quantity and had none left that were even this year. Went on line to the Goodyear site and ordered five. They were shipped to the same dealer and four were six weeks old and one was five weeks old. The originals were worn out as far as I am concerned as they had just over 22 hundred miles on them. That is just about as far as I trust them.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:33 AM   #33

Good for you on the GY-;Endurance. I wish you well with them.

I'm at 2300 miles on my Carlisle Radial Trails on my TT. I think it would be a GREAT Comparison to see how they age against a straight up Goodyear American brand.. should inform more campers in the future! Are you down for comparing experiences? Are you using a TPMS as well to monitor condition?

We could make this very valuable over 12 months or so.

Tags
ace, replace